| || |
EFFECTIVE TUESDAY, APRIL 15
PASSPORT PROCESSING HOURS
Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday
9:00 a.m. - noon and 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
To obtain a passport ALL APPLICANTS must appear in person and bring the following documents:
- Proof of citizenship - Certified U.S. birth certificate, original naturalization certificate, or a previous U.S. passport. A certified birth certificate must be submitted for all minors aged 15 years and under even if they have a previous U.S. Passport. Note: If birth certificate says "Birth Registration", "Abstract", or "Hospital Certificate" it is not acceptable. A certified birth certificate can be obtained from the state or county office of your place of birth. This will have a raised, embossed, or colored seal on it. A photocopy of the birth certificate or naturalization certificate is not acceptable. Your proof of citizenship will be returned to you by the Department of State.
- Photo identification - Driver's license, state i.d. or military i.d. Note: An interim driver's license is not acceptable.
- Passport photo - 2" x 2" - Passport photos can be obtained from the Roseville City Clerk's Department for $8.00.
- Social Security number - must be provided on the application. The IRS can impose a penalty if this information is not provided.
- Passport fee: Check or Money Order Only made payable to the Department State.
MINORS - SPECIAL CONDITIONS
Aged 16-17 years - One parent is required by law to appear in person with the applicant and to countersign the application.
Aged 15 years and under - Both parents are required to accompany the child and to countersign the application. If one parent is unable to accompany the child, a notarized affadavit (Form DS-3053) and a photocopy of the front and back of the non-appearing parent's identification is required. If one parent has sole custody, the original court document showing full legal custody must be submitted. If one parent is deceased, a certified death certificate must be submitted. A certified birth certificate must be submitted for all minors aged 15 years and under even if they have a previous U.S. passport.
Processing fee: Separate fee of $25.00 per application to the City of Roseville. Can be cash, check, or credit card.
CHECK OR MONEY ORDER ONLY made payable to the Department of State:
Aged 16 years and older - Passport book (land, sea, and air travel) $110.00
Passport card (land and sea travel) $30.00
Aged 15 years and under- Passport book (land, sea, and air travel) $80.00
Passport card (land and sea travel) $15.00
Standard processing time - 4 to 6 weeks
Expedited processing time - 2 to 3 weeks
Additional $60.00 to the Department of State
Optional overnight postage fees: To overnight your application to the Department of State include an additional $19.99 to the payment to the City of Roseville.
Include $14.85 in the payment to the Department of State if you wish them to overnight your passport to you once it has been processed.
Urgent Processing Time - For those with proof of travel within two weeks (itinerary or tickets purchased), an application should be submitted in person at the San Francisco Passport Agency located at 95 Hawthorne Street in San Francisco. Processing your request in San Francisco requires an appointment by calling (877) 487-2778. You must also present your itinerary or tickets for proof of travel within two weeks.
For additional information or on-line application forms access http://travel.state.gov/passport/passport_1738.html.
City Clerk Department
311 Vernon Street,
Roseville, CA 95678
Tuesday - Friday
9:00 A.M. - 12:00 P.M. and
1:00 P.M. - 3:00 P.M.
Closed 12:00 P.M. to 1:00 P.M. and on all legal holidays observed by the City. No appointment is required. We absolutely DO NOT process passports on Mondays.