In some cases, posts by the public may violate the city’s standards for content on city-sponsored social media sites. Therefore, the City of Roseville reserves the right to restrict or remove any messages or postings with the following content:
1. Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation.
2. Content that violates a legal ownership interest of any other party, including, but not limited to infringement of a copyright, trademark or any registered mark.
3. Defamatory statements, or any material contained in it, holds up an individual or groups of people to public ridicule, derision or embarrassment, or is libelous.
4. Obscenity. The content, or any material contained in it, contains obscene matter or any other matter that is prohibited under the provisions of Chapter 7.5 (beginning with Section 311) of Title 9 of Part 1 the California Penal Code, and as such laws may be amended or supplemented.
5. Use of vulgar, offensive, threatening or harassing language.
6. Unlawful goods, services, behavior or activities. The content, or any material contained in it, promotes or encourages, or appears to promote or encourage, the use or possession of unlawful or illegal goods, services, and behavior or activities.
7. Support or opposition of any ballot issue or candidate for office. The content, or any material contained in it, contains political campaign speech. “Political campaign speech” is speech that: (1) supports or opposes or appears to support or oppose a ballot measure, initiative, or referendum, or (2) refers to any candidate for public office.
8. Religion. The content, or any material contained in it, advocates or opposes a religion or religious belief.
9. Violence. The content, or any material contained in it, contains an image or description of graphic violence, including, but not limited to: (1) the depiction of human or animal bodies or body parts, or fetuses, in states of mutilation, dismemberment, decomposition, or disfigurement, and (2) the depiction of weapons or other implements or devices associated in the advertisement with an act or acts of violence or harm on a person or animal.
10. “Adult”-oriented goods or services. The content, or any material contained in it, promotes or encourages, or appears to promote or encourage, a transaction related to, or uses brand names, trademarks, slogans or other materials which are identifiable with, films rated “X” or “NC-17", video games rated “A” or “M,” adult book stores, adult video stores, nude and/or topless clubs and other adult entertainment establishments, adult telephone services, adult Internet sites, and escort services.
11. Comments unrelated to the topic of the forum; hyperlinks to material that is not directly related to the discussion;
12. Spam or commercial promotions; content containing any unsolicited or unauthorized advertisement or solicitation (i.e. spam, junk mail, chain letters, pyramid schemes or other promotional materials).
13. Promotion or advertising of any businesses or commercial enterprises, unless they are providing support to city services.
14. Posts or links that contain malicious software (malware) such as viruses, worms, trojans, rootkits, spyware, adware or any other unwanted software.