- The final plan must clearly demonstrate key elements visually through strong graphics, photographs, etc.
- The preferred plan alternative and key elements must have broad community and stakeholder support.
- The adopted Plan must be consistent with existing, applicable plans, studies, and projects.
- The plan will be accompanied by an EIR.
The EIR will address land use and broad policy changes on a programmatic level, but will also address identifiable project level impacts associated with future improvements.
Click here for Vision Poster
Planning intends to build on the momentum of the recently completed Downtown Roseville Visioning Process. The Downtown Vernon Street and Historic Old Town Specific Plan project will result in the development of a project area specific plan, updated design guidelines, and associated EIR that are utilized as the area continues to develop. Upon completion, it will be a document that is consistent with the City of Roseville General Plan 2020. Additionally, the Plan will feature the following four elements:
- Parking and Transportation Management Program,
- Royer Park Master Plan Update,
- Creek Restoration and Flood Management Strategy,
- Public Facilities Assessment .
All of these efforts will reflect the guiding principles of the plan development process:Improve connectivity within Downtown as well between Downtown and its surroundings;