| || |
- Turn off PCs, monitors, printers, and copiers nightly and on weekends. If unable to switch off the entire computer, turn off the monitor and printer.
- When purchasing PCs, monitors, printers, fax machines and copiers, consider buying ENERGY STAR® models that can switch to a power-saving mode when not in use.
- If feasible, use laptop computers where possible, as they consume 90% less energy than desktop computers.
- Ink-jet printers also consume 90% less energy than laser printers. Consider using them wherever possible.
- Implement paper-reducing strategies, such as double-sided printing, re-using paper, and using e-mail instead of sending memos or faxing documents, which not only saves energy, but conserves other resources, such as staff time.