| || |
Refrigerator and Freezer Recycling Rebates
Recycling Your Fridge or Freezer Has Never Been Easier
We give you $50 to take away your old refrigerator or freezer.
And you save up to $150 in energy costs.
Your community-owned utility, Roseville Electric, has partnered with JACO Environmental to collect and recycle refrigerators and freezers.
To be eligible for the $50 rebate:
• The old refrigerator or freezer must measure between 10 and 27 cubic feet
• The unit must be in working order
• Customers must own the unit(s) being recycled
• Two units per address may be recycled within a 12-month period
• Please allow 6-8 weeks for processing of rebate
Please Call 1-800-299-7573 or visit JACO to schedule a pick up.
Important information for those purchasing new refrigerators who wish to participate in the recycling program
- You must schedule a pick-up with JACO: If you purchase from a retailer that offers removal of your old unit, you must verify if they are an authorized JACO recycler and get a confirmation number before releasing your old refrigerator for recycling. Your refrigerator must be recycled by JACO to receive a rebate. Call JACO at 1-800-299-7573 with questions.
How JACO performs their recycling
JACO removes the old refrigerator or freezer from the consumer’s home and transports it to their local recycling plant. There, the unit is totally deconstructed and any toxins and ozone-depleting chlorofluoro-carbon gases, called CFC-11, found in the foam insulation are safely disposed.
Through a proven combination of proprietary and non-proprietary equipment and processes, JACO ensures that over 95% of the components and materials of the discarded appliance are either recycled for beneficial uses or eliminated in an environmentally responsible way. The remaining 5% can then be productively used as “fluff” to facilitate the decomposition of biodegradable landfill material.
Roseville Electric is an affiliate of the EPA's Responsible Appliance Disposal (RAD) program. This program is a voluntary partnership program that helps protect the ozone layer and reduce emissions of greenhouse gases. To learn more about the RAD program click here.
Read our recycling fact sheet for more information on what happens to your refrigerator after it's picked up.
This program is offered on a first-come, first-served basis and will continue until program funds are depleted.