Trees for Business Properties
Shade Trees benefit businesses
We encourage you to evaluate the amount of water you are using for landscaping to identify opportunities for conservation. Please visit the City’s Water Efficiency page for more ideas on how to save.
Download our Business HVAC, Window Film and Shade Tree Program Application for full details on Shade Tree rebate program participation and eligibility.
Properly placed and planting shade trees can reduce the electric bill and increase the value of your property by cooling the building, improving its appearance, and reducing its environmental impact. Studies show:
- Well-shaded business areas encourage customers to spend more time and money
- Shade trees reduce air pollution
- Shade reduces the ‘heat island effect’ which makes local air temperatures several degrees warmer
- Trees are the only form of property improvements that increases in value over time
The Roseville Shade Tree program offers up to $50 per qualifying shade tree to business properties. Trees must be deciduous and provide shade to air conditioned portions of your building. Up to 20 shade trees per location.
Reservations prior to purchasing materials and beginning work are required for project eligibility.
- Reservations for funds will be accepted on a first-come, first-served basis.
- This program has a limited budget and will be available until funds are depleted.
- Projects completed without following this process are not eligible for rebates.
- Roseville Electric's business shade tree program is available to customers with a valid Roseville Electric business account.
Please contact your account representative to assist with your rebate application and answer questions about your shade tree and energy efficiency needs:
Business customers – Contact Bill Chaplin via email or call him at (916) 774-5605