| || |
Volunteer for the Utility Exploration Center to help make a difference in your community. We welcome people with a range of backgrounds and experience. Most of all, we are looking for those who have a love of learning and sharing ideas, a passion for living sustainably and a commitment to giving back to the Roseville community. Volunteering at the Center brings opportunities to meet people and make new friends, to learn, to be creative, to teach and to share your passion and skills in a fun and stimulating environment.
| || |
Interpretive Docents are volunteer teachers who help us provide group learning experiences in program demonstrations and school tours for children ranging from Preschool through 6th Grade. We will train you to present hands-on/minds-on school programs focused on waste reduction, energy conservation, watershed protection and water efficiency. Help empower new generations of school children to become “Planet Protectors” and enact important conservation principles.
EVENTS, OUTREACH, CUSTOMER SERVICE:
We connect with thousands of people each year in outreach programs and special events. Join us in presenting a range of fun and engaging programs, both on and off site. Engage children in activities ranging from building solar cars and playing with squishy circuits to making bluebird boxes and carving pumpkins. Have fun behind the scenes conducting research, creating program environments and setting up events. Represent the Center and our partner utilities throughout the community.
• 18 years of age or older (14 or older for special events)
• Desire to work with people of all ages and backgrounds
• Experience working with children desired
• Basic computer skills
• 1year commitment, or 4 family/special events
• Contact Melissa Kinsey, volunteer coordinator, at 916.746.1553 or via email at email@example.com.
• Find out about other volunteer opportunities with the City of Roseville at our jobs page.