Bill, Tax & Fee payments

Can I pay property taxes online?
Property taxes are facilitated by Placer County Assessor's Office.
Can you explain the demand charges on my electric bill?
Demand charges apply to your highest amount of consumption, averaged within a 15 minute period, during the billing month.
Does Roseville Electric allow payment arrangements on my electric bill?
Yes. Call City of Roseville at (916) 774-5300 before the expiration date of the past due notice or e-mail to arrange your payments. It will be necessary to come into the utility office to sign a payment agreement.
Does Roseville Electric provide a discount for use of life support equipment?
You may qualify for a medical rate discount if a full-time resident of the household regularly requires the use of life support equipment and you meet certain income guidelines. To receive this discount, a doctor must certify the special energy needs of the patient. Call (916) 774-5300 for an application or e-mail for more information.
Does Roseville Electric provide discounts on electric bills for low income households?
Yes. Visit the utility rate assistance page for more information. There are several local organizations that offer utility bill assistance to low income residents. Project GO administers the HEAP (Home Energy Assistance Program) Program. Call 1-888-524-5705. St. Vincent de Paul can be reached at 916-781-3303 and the Salvation Army can be reached at 916-784-3382.
Does the City of Roseville have electronic payment options?
Payment through your bank: Many banking institutions will pay your electric bill directly. Contact your bank for information.

Credit card: Payment can be made with your credit card by calling (916) 774-5300 or going to the City of Roseville Utility Service Department at 311 Vernon Street. E-mail for any additional assistance.

ABD: The City of Roseville now offers Automatic Bank Draft (ABD) for our customers. ABD is a direct debit program that works with the customer’s bank to withdraw funds automatically on a recurring monthly basis for utility bill payment. Please see the utility payment page for more information.

How can I check the amount due on my bill?
Account information is available by calling our automated customer service number at (916) 774-5300. (To email the City of Roseville Finance/Utilities Department, use Please have your account number available.
How can I get a duplicate bill?
Call Utility Services at (916) 774-5300 or e-mail to obtain a duplicate bill.
How can I get a parking permit?
Call Roseville Police Department administration.
Phone: (916)774-5010
I am planning to move. How can I get my electric service transferred to my new address?
Call (916) 774-5300 or e-mail at least five working days before your scheduled move date. You can also transfer your water, sewer and refuse service at the same time.
If my power is disconnected due to non-payment, what is the charge for reconnection?
Reconnection during office hours - $25.00 reconnection fee
Reconnection after office hours - $75.00 reconnection fee

Returned check charge - $25.00

Fee for cut-off at the pole due to inaccessible electric meter - $30.00
When is my bill considered past due and do I have to pay a late fee?
Your bill is due and payable upon presentation and is past due if not paid within 21 days after the bill date. Payments received after the due date will be subject to a $10.00 late charge.
Where can I pay my electric bill?
You can pay your electric bill in person or by mail to:

City of Roseville
311 Vernon Street
Roseville, CA 95678

Go to to pay your bill online.

Why the change?
Roseville Electric is implementing annual billing for solar customers beginning Jan. 1, 2011 because it's required by California state law.
What's your current practice?
Our customers are billed monthly for their prior month's energy use. The total energy charges billed is the difference between the electricity the customer used and how much power was generated by the solar panels during that time period.
What’s changing?
Eligible solar customers will continue to receive a bill for monthly energy charges, but customers are now eligible to pay the energy charges (kWh) once during a 12 month period.  All other charges – the monthly basic service charge and all Environmental Utility (water, garbage and sewer) charges - are due and payable every month, as they are today.

Solar customers who generate more energy than they use will receive a monthly statement showing a credit to their energy charges (kWh). The credit will carry forward each monthly billing period.

If the customer's credit from solar generation is smaller than the amount of electricity used, the bill will show an amount owed for energy charges. However, the customer is not required to pay the energy charge balance until the end of the 12-month billing cycle. The customer will be notified in the utility bill, when the balance is due and payable.

If the customer has a credit at the end of the12-month billing period, the credit will appear on the bill and roll to the next month.  Customers also have the option to request a refund check for this amount.

The new law specifically prohibits applying credits from the generation of solar to be applied to our customer's entire bill amount – just the customers’ electric energy charge.  In the past, the credit has applied to the entire bill, which includes water, garbage and sewer charges. California law prohibits the City from applying the credit to other utility charges.
What will my bill look like?
We are working on a billing solution that is easy for our solar customers to understand. As soon as the new bill is created we will post a sample on our website at
How Do I Make Payments?
Solar customers on the 12-month billing cycle can pay any month they owe. In fact, Roseville Electric recommends customers pay the balance shown each month to avoid a very large bill at the end of the 12 month billing cycle.
What is a 12 month billing cycle?
The annual year for each customer will be different and will reflect when your account was changed to the annual billing plan.

The Finance Department will transition solar customers to annual billing beginning in January 2011.  The transition is expected to be complete by the end of March 2011.
Who is eligible for the new billing?
  • All residential and small commercial customers who have solar generation systems and meet all of Roseville Electric's Rule 21 Standards for Interconnection and comply with applicable requirements in the City of Roseville municipal code.
  • Small commercial customers are those who are non-residential solar customers with a historical demand (kW) less than or equal to 10kW over the past 12 months
Who is not eligible for annual solar billing?
  • All other non-residential solar customers with a historical demand (kW) greater than 10kW over the past 12 months
  • Solar and Large Business Customers (more than 10 kW peak demand) any month they have a credit it will carry over to the next month. Any month where they have used more electricity than they have generated must pay the amount owed on their bill.  At the end of 12 months, they will lose any excess energy generated.
  • Solar customers who do not meet all of Roseville Electric's Rule 21 Standards for Interconnection are not eligible.
How much will I be credited for the solar energy my system generates?
  • The energy generated by the customer's solar and not used by the customer will be credited to the customer's energy charges.
  • Credits may roll from billing period to billing period.
  • Solar energy generated that exceeds the amount used by the customer during the 12 month annual period is valued at the Net Surplus Energy Compensation rate which is defined by City Municipal Code.  The rate is $0.1083 / kWh.
The credit rate for surplus kilowatt hours is the same as the current tier 1 residential kWh energy charge.

State law does not mandate electric utilities reimburse customers at the market rate for solar. Roseville Electric’s solar reimbursement rate was adopted by the Roseville City Council in late 2010 and is effective beginning January 1, 2011.

How does this affect my meter?
If you are already a solar customer, the billing change does not require us to replace your meter. The state's new law does not change the way electricity is measured by your meter. You will continue to have a net meter – which ensures your bill shows the amount of electricity (kWh) used and the amount of energy generated during the monthly billing cycle.
Show all Categories