| || |
Public Education Programs
Roseville Fire Department has recently restructured the Public Education Program regarding Preschool and School age children, fire station tours, and engine displays.
Please Review the following guidelines before scheduling any Public Education Event:
Infants and Toddlers (ages 3 & below): Please join us for our monthly Fire Station Open Houses (Beginning January 2014).
Preschools (ages 3 - 5): Gear and Engine Demo at School Site.
- Objective: Introduce children to gear/apparatus so they are not frightened of Fire Fighters in the event of an emergency.
- Allows FD crews to talk with the children in the "safety" of their classroom.
Kindergarten (ages 5 - 6): Fire Station Tour.
- Objective: Introduce the public to the Professional Fire Service: fire house, education, apparatus, gear, and shift schedule.
First - Fourth Grade (ages 6 - 10): Fire Safety Rally.
- Objective: Educate students on : Stop/Drop/Roll, Get Out Stay Out, Home Escape Plan, Fire Department tools, and their various jobs.
- Free 30-Minute assembly in school multi-purpose room.
Public (all ages): Engine Displays.
- Must be scheduled a minimum of 3 weeks in advance.
- Evaluated and selected on a case by case basis.
To schedule a Public Education event please contact:
Public Education Coordinator
|Hands-on Fire Extinguisher Training |
In an effort to enhance the safety and well-being of our residents, businesses, and customers, the Roseville Fire Department (RFD) encourages training in the use of fire extinguishers. Fire is very dangerous and unpredictable; however, increased awareness with proper training will help provide the knowledge required to make the safest decision for evacuation or suppression during a fire incident.
Fire extinguishers are a vital safety tool. Skill development with proper use may save your business or home from the disastrous effects of a fire. Please call the Fire Prevention Division today at (916) 774-5800 to schedule training by a Fire Inspector. Training includes a short video providing general awareness of fire extinguishers, instructional review, and hands-on experience.
Roseville Fire Training Facility
2030 Hilltop Circle
Roseville, CA 95747
Training cost is $266 plus $8 per RFD fire extinguisher used. Payment is required prior to training and may be paid with cash, check, VISA, MasterCard, or Discover Card.
Vial of Life
Juvenile Fire Setter Academy
|Disposal of Fire/Smoke Detectors. |
Depending on where you live and what type of fire or smoke detector you need to dispose of, there may be regulations that apply to the disposal of scrap detectors.
Click Here to Learn More