Juvenile Firesetter Academy
The Roseville Fire Department is a member of the Sacramento Area Juvenile Firesetter Coalition. This coalition is a regional program dedicated to a cohesive partnership among community agencies to reduce the number of fire injuries and deaths by providing assistance to the children who exhibit firesetting behavior. Members of this coalition include Sacramento Metro Fire Department, Sacramento City Fire Department, Folsom Fire Department, Rocklin Fire Department, Placer Consolidated Fire District and the Roseville Fire Department.
The Sacramento Area Juvenile Firesetter Coalition hosts four academies throughout the year. Juveniles who meet the requirements established through an assessment process are placed into this three evening, seven hour educational academy. Parents are also required to attend the academy with their children.
- Identify juvenile firesetters
- Assess the juvenile firesetter needs
- Provide life skills training and education
- Provide referrals to family counseling
- Evaluate firesetter/program progress
- Public Awareness
- Accurate screening and evaluation
- Develop and maintain a broad and efficient referral system
- Education and training
- Monitoring and evaluation
If your child exhibits firesetting behavior and/or you would like additional information on the Roseville Juvenile Firesetter Program contact:
Senior Fire Inspector
For more information about the program, visit the Juvenile Firesetter website at http://www.firesetter.com/.