Send a link
Return to Previous Page
Electric Technology Systems Technician
$33.17 to $46.67 Hourly
FINAL FILING DATE:
first 50 qualified applications
or closing no later than 5:00 pm, Wednesday, August 21, 2013, whichever occurs first. Retired Annuitants are not eligible to apply.
It is mandatory that you complete the supplemental questionnaire. Your application will be rejected if you do not provide all the necessary information.
The Human Resources Department is accepting applications for the temporary position of Electric Technology Systems Technician in the Electric Department. The normal work schedule will be Monday through Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
To perform responsible technical duties in support of electric utility computer operational and control systems, including Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) and Distributed Control System (DCS); and to analyze, design, program, test, install, and maintain a variety of electric utility computer systems.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives general supervision from the Electric Information Technology Supervisor.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Perform technical duties in support of electric utility Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) and Distributed Control System (DCS) system software and hardware, including system maintenance and programming.
• Test, implement, and maintain computer applications and systems related to the electric utility infrastructure systems, including asset/work order, outage tracking, training modules and related work management applications.
• Maintain the integrity of electric computer security systems; create and maintain user identification, authorizations, system privileges, passwords and perform related tasks.
• Train users in various system applications and respond to requests for service related to problems/questions; monitor logs and files for possible problems and system failures and take corrective action.
• Conduct scheduled backup and recovery activities, expediting when appropriate; trouble shoot problems on a system-wide basis; work with vendors and management staff in making changes of a system-wide nature.
• Develop and implement operational procedures for electric computer hardware and software including network infrastructure to be in compliance with North American Electric Reliability Corporation (NERC) standards.
• Maintain communication links with outside agencies and contractors.
• Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other City employees and the public using principles of good customer service.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
• Principles and practices of computer systems operations and technical support activities. Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) system architecture, security standards and recovery procedures.
• Distributed Control System (DCS) system architecture, security standards and recovery procedures.
• Electric utility network operating systems and protocols.
• Local Area Networks, and Windows operating systems.
• NERC security procedures for electric computer systems.
• Pertinent local, State and Federal laws, ordinances and rules.
• Perform technical support such as network maintenance and system backup and recovery of electric utility computer operational and control systems, including Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) and Distributed Control System (DCS).
• On a continuous basis, know and understand all aspects of the job. Intermittently analyze work papers, reports and special projects; identify and interpret technical and numerical information; observe and problem solve operational and technical policy and procedures.
• On a continuous basis, sit at desk for long periods of time. Intermittently bend or stoop to install/repair equipment; twist to reach equipment surrounding desk; perform simple grasping and fine manipulation; use telephone, and write or use a keyboard to communicate through written means; and lift or carry weight of 25 pounds or less.
• Troubleshoot computer system application programming problems at a broad level.
• Develop and maintain documentation of SCADA/DCS servers, network and applications.
• Train or instruct on-line users in use of computer equipment and operating procedures.
• Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Experience and Training
• Two years of responsible technical experience providing electric computer systems support work, preferably in SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition) or DCS (Distributed Control System).
• Equivalent to an Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university in computer science or a related field.
License or Certificate
• Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid California driver’s license.
1. Discuss your experience implementing Maximo for Transmission / Distribution (T&D), Substation, and Generation facility maintenance. Include Agency and Project Names, version of Maximo implemented, and a description of the project.
2. Discus the importance of building a Location and Asset Hierarchy in Maximo.
3. To what level of detail would you develop maintenance planning for T&D, Substation, and Generation facility maintenance?
4. Discuss your Maximo experience in developing Routes and Meters.
Applications will be screened by the Human Resources Department and then forwarded to Electric Department for final consideration. Those applicants meeting the qualifications may be contacted for an interview. Final appointment is contingent upon passing a City-paid pre-employment physical, a urine drug and alcohol screening test and a fingerprint check.
Temporary / Seasonal, Hourly
Click Here to Apply
Boards & Commissions
Parks & Recreation
RFPs and Bids
Parks, Rec. & Library
Maidu Indian Museum
Park & Facility Rentals
Solid Waste (Garbage)
Utility Exploration Center
Real-Time Traveler Info
Traffic Volume Information
311 Vernon St. Roseville, CA 95678
Copyright © 1997-2013 by City of Roseville. All rights reserved.