Send a link
Return to Previous Page
Day Care Aide
TEMPORARY AND PART-TIME RECRUITMENT: 13.050
DAY CARE AIDE
CITY OF ROSEVILLE ADVENTURE CLUBS
: $8.00 - $9.63 Hourly
FINAL FILING DATE
Accepting a maximum of 50 QUALIFIED applications or closing no later than 5:00 P.M. Thursday, October 31, 2013, WHICHEVER OCCURS FIRST. PERS Retired Annuitants are not eligible to apply.
The Human Resources Department is accepting applications for the temporary part-time position of Day Care Aide to work in the City day care facilities. The normal work schedule will be weekdays between the hours of 6:15 a.m. and 6:15 p.m., Monday through Friday. Under immediate supervision of Day Care Site Coordinator or Assistant Day Care Site Coordinator, plans, implements and teaches age appropriate activities and/or programs for elementary age children at assigned City day care facilities; and performs related work as required.
To perform a variety of duties related to assisting with programs at assigned day care facilities.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES
– Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Assist with program activities such as sports, games, special events, arts and crafts, drama, and social activities.
• Maintain positive student and parent relationships.
• Assist in maintaining a safe, clean, and orderly classroom environment.
• Notify appropriate staff of any problems with regard to site maintenance, children and parents and make recommendations as necessary.
• Promote and enforce safety procedures including proper use of playground equipment; render first aid and CPR, if certified, as required.
• Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other City employees, and the public using principles of good customer service.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
• Practices and methods of public relations and customer service; techniques and principles of effective interpersonal communication.
• Principles and techniques of first aid and CPR.
• On a continuous basis, know and understand operations and observe safety rules; walk to supervise children; stand for long periods of time; interpret, understand and follow policies and procedures, and explain operations and problem solve issues for the public and with staff.
• Intermittently set up booths, hang banners, move tables, chairs and carry supplies; participate with children on field trips, perform exercises with children; lift or carry weight of 45 pounds or less.
• Supervise children on playground.
• Establish positive and professional relationships with children, co-workers and parents.
• Understand and translate City policies and practices into everyday working practices; make sound decisions with solid problem solving methods.
• Respond to emergency situations in a calm and effective manner; administer first aid and CPR, if certified.
• Learn to identify problems regarding the facility and programs; refer difficult problems/irregularities for more advanced attention and recommend possible solutions.
• Understand and carry out written and oral directions.
• Maintain accurate and up to date records.
• Work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
• Communicate tactfully with customers.
• Communicate effectively and concisely, both orally and in writing.
Experience and Training
• Previous experience as a volunteer leader or participant in various recreation, child oriented, athletic or related activities is desirable, but not mandatory.
• Equivalent to completion of the twelfth (12th) grade or current participation in an occupational program conducted by an accredited high school or college.
License or Certificate
• Possession of, or ability to obtain, CPR and First Aid certificates.
All applications will be screened by the Human Resources Department for minimum qualifications. Qualifying applicants may be contacted by the Parks and Recreation Department to interview. Appointment is contingent upon passing a City-paid pre-employment physical, a drug and alcohol test and a fingerprint check.
Temporary / Seasonal, Hourly
Click here to apply
Boards & Commissions
Parks & Recreation
RFPs and Bids
Parks, Rec. & Library
Maidu Indian Museum
Park & Facility Rentals
Solid Waste (Garbage)
Utility Exploration Center
Real-Time Traveler Info
Traffic Volume Information
311 Vernon St. Roseville, CA 95678
Copyright © 1997-2013 by City of Roseville. All rights reserved.