Send a link
Return to Previous Page
Aquatics Specialist II - Asst. Swim Coach
$9.24 to $11.24 per hour
FINAL FILING DATE
: We are accepting applications. This position will close at 5:00 pm on Friday, March 7, 2014.
PERS Retired Annuitants are not eligible to apply.
The Human Resources Department is accepting applications for the temporary and part time position of Aquatics Specialist II (Asst. Swim Coach).
To perform a variety of duties related to supervise the pool, decks and additional areas of an aquatic facility.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES
– Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Under direction of higher level supervisory staff, plans, organizes and directs all activities of a specific aquatic team.
• Responsible for the efficient and effective supervision of the pool facilities during the workout period of a particular team.
• Responsible for keeping accurate records of meet results and times/scores for all team members.
• Prepares entries for meets.
• Maintains discipline during workouts and meets.
• Coaches and instructs participants in various aquatic techniques.
• Prepares practice and meet schedules.
• Trains and supervises other aquatic staff members.
• Coordinates the efforts of parent volunteers.
• Promote and enforce water safety procedures; conduct effective swimming rescues; render first aid and CPR as required.
• Build and maintain positive working relationships and co-workers, other City employees, and the public using principles of good customer service.
• Performs related duties as required.
• Competitive swimming techniques.
• Organize and train volunteers.
• Rescue swimming victims.
• Prepare workout schedules.
• Work with limited supervision.
• On a continuous basis, work outdoors in or around water; exposed to extreme heat; know and understand assignment and observe safety rules; stand, bend, climb, swim when instructing or assisting class participants.
Experience and Training
• Two (2) full seasons of experience as a coach or swimming instructor in a specific aquatics program.
• Completion of the eleventh (11th) grade or 17 years of age.
License or Certificate
• Possession of a current American Red Cross Water Safety Instructor (WSI) Certificate or Roseville Swim Instructor I and II (RSI I and II) or the equivalent certificate by date of appointment.
• Possession of current American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer certificate, American Red Cross Title 22 First Aid for Public Personnel certificate, American Red Cross Administering Emergency Oxygen certificate and American Red Cross Lifeguard Training certificate by date of appointment.
• Please note: All required certifications must be completed by date of hire.
Note: Minors may have preclusions or restrictions in duties assigned and licenses required pursuant to 29 CFR § 570.
All applications will be screened by the Human Resources Department for minimum qualifications and then forwarded to the Parks, Recreation and Libraries Department. Qualifying applicants may be invited to staff assessment and/or oral interview. Appointment is contingent upon passing a City-paid pre-employment physical, a drug and alcohol screening test and a fingerprint check.
Temporary / Seasonal, Hourly
Click Here to Apply
Bids & RFPs
Boards & Commissions
Parks & Recreation
Parks, Rec. & Library
Park & Facility Rentals
Solid Waste (Garbage)
Utility Exploration Center
Traffic Volume Information
311 Vernon St. Roseville, CA 95678
Copyright © 1997-2016 by City of Roseville. All rights reserved.