Send a link
Return to Previous Page
$10.00 - $19.79 Hourly
FINAL FILING DATE:
Open until filled.
PERS Retired Annuitants are not eligible to apply.
IT IS MANDATORY THAT YOU COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS. YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE REJECTED IF YOU DO NOT
PROVIDE ALL THE NECESSARY INFORMATION.
The Human Resources Department is accepting applications for the 1000 hour temporary part-time position of College Intern to work in various City of Roseville Departments schedule will be flexible, Monday through Friday. This position is limited to 25 hours per week for a maximum of six months. Receives general supervision from higher level staff as assigned.
To perform a variety of administrative, technical and general support staff duties for assigned department or division.
This is a temporary part-time, training classification in which students with current enrollment in college with course work related to the area assigned can gain experience in assisting city staff in the performance of professional administrative or technical duties.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives general supervision from higher level staff, as assigned.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES –
Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Collect, summarize and analyze information and statistics on existing programs and services.
• Participate in organizational and procedural studies and the preparation of reports and manuals.
• Maintain applicable records and files, as assigned.
• Conduct surveys and perform research and statistical analyses regarding municipal policies, procedures and services.
• Participate in the design of forms and the implementation of systems.
• Perform related work as required.
• Effective methods of making oral and written reports and presentations.
• Research techniques, methods and procedures.
• Communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
• Work cooperatively and effectively with co-workers, other departments, outside agencies, and the general public.
• Understand and apply policies, laws and rules; learn and apply pertinent federal, state and local law codes and regulations.
• Exhibit proficiency in use of modern office methods and enter and revise information on computer databases; demonstrate proficiency in computer word processing; type at a speed necessary to successfully perform duties.
• On a continuous basis, learn and understand all aspects of the job and department procedures; sit at desk or in meetings for long periods of time; review work papers and reports; identify and interpret technical and numerical information.
• On a continuous basis, twist to reach equipment surrounding desk; perform simple grasping and fine manipulation; use telephone and operate a variety of office equipment; use personal computer.
Experience and Training
• None required.
• Equivalent to the completion of twelfth (12th) grade. Current enrollment in six or more units toward Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Public Administration, Business Administration or a field related to area of assignment.
License or Certificate
• Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid California driver’s license upon date of appointment.
1. What are you hoping to gain through an internship? What do you hope to learn from this position?
2. Please list the specific department you would like to work with. (Please don’t list “any or all” – a list of our departments is available at www.roseville.ca.us).
3. If a paid internship is not available, would you be interested in a non-paid internship?
4. Based on your school schedule, what is your availability to work?
5. What school term are you interested in doing your internship in?
6. Please describe your current skills as it pertains to the internship.
7. Why do you want to intern at the City of Roseville?
8. What is your area of study?
9. What are your career goals and how will the internship help you to achieve them?
All applications will be screened by the Human Resources Department for minimum qualifications. Select applicants may be contacted by City of Roseville Departments depending on internship opportunities for interview. Appointment is contingent upon passing a City-paid pre-employment physical, a drug and alcohol test and a fingerprint check.
Click Here to Apply
Boards & Commissions
Parks & Recreation
RFPs and Bids
Parks, Rec. & Library
Maidu Indian Museum
Park & Facility Rentals
Solid Waste (Garbage)
Utility Exploration Center
Real-Time Traveler Info
Road Closures & Detours
Traffic Volume Information
311 Vernon St. Roseville, CA 95678
Copyright © 1997-2013 by City of Roseville. All rights reserved.