Send a link
Return to Previous Page
: $ 9.00 to $ 17.8194 hourly
FINAL FILING DATE
: Open until filled.
PERS Retired Annuitants are not eligible to apply.
IT IS MANDATORY THAT YOU COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE. YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE REJECTED IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE ALL NECESSARY INFORMATION.
The Human Resources Department is accepting applications for the temporary and part-time position of Vocational Intern to work in various City of Roseville Departments. The schedule will be flexible based upon the needs of the Departments and the availability of Vocational Interns. This position is limited to 25 hours per week for a maximum of six months.
To participate in a structured on-the-job training assignment in preparation for successful progression into a specific occupational field.
This is a temporary part-time, training classification which typically reports to an assigned supervisor and/or mentor and receives both technical job training and guidance on workplace behavior, competencies, individual responsibilities, and development of occupational skill sets. Vocational Interns are assigned to assist experienced journey-level workers in their assigned areas. The assignment may vary in duration based on individual training requirements but will be no more than six months. During training, incumbents are expected to develop and demonstrate progressively increasing skills and independence of action as they gain experience and proficiency in their occupation.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives direct supervision from higher level staff as assigned.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- In a training capacity and under supervision, participate in entry-level work in a variety of job assignments. Examples of the types of work to be performed include, but are not limited to the following:
Office Support/Clerical Intern
• Function as a receptionist in a variety of settings and files, sorts and arranges documents, correspondence or other materials.
• Assist the public by providing directions, instructions and responses to routine inquiries in person or by telephone.
• Assist in operating a telephone computerized system, console, switchboard, or other automated communication system.
• Use keyboarding skills to prepare plain or corrected copy, draft letters, or reports, letters, vouchers, receipts, permits, lists, schedules, etc.
• Process work through data entry on a computer.
• Process payments and fees; issue receipts.
Information Technology/Technical Support Intern
• Assist in the installation, maintenance, upgrade, and removal of information technology equipment such as personal computers, printers, and related devices.
• Assist in operating electronic computer equipment, including console, input and output devices, and off-line equipment in support of computer operations or maintenance.
• Assist in the development of routine computer system usage schedules and uses of computer-assisted communication equipment.
• May process work through data entry on a computer or use computer-assisted communication equipment.
• May assist in the installation, maintenance, removal, or modifications of audio visual equipment.
• If assigned to GIS:
• Operate GIS workstations and related peripherals such as plotters and GPS equipment; create maps and perform spatial analysis using ArcView.
• Perform data entry tasks related to specific GIS layers and databases including preparing source documents, digitizing, performing data conversion, entering data, and compiling metadata.
• Assist as needed in other activities related to developing the citywide GIS and associated databases; and performs basic GIS tasks.
Maintenance/Utilities Support Intern
• Assist a journey-level or other skilled worker in a variety of maintenance, repair, or construction work by furnishing and using simple tools, material and supplies.
• May assemble tools, supplies, materials, and equipment and assist in maintaining them in serviceable condition.
• Clean work area machines and operates simple machines and equipment.
• Prepare simple reports or keeps maintenance records, and other routine non-complex duties in various craft trades and other occupations.
• Assist in the repair and maintenance of roads, sewers, easements, sidewalks, and other publicly maintained properties.
• Assist skilled warehouse workers in warehouses in the loading and delivery supplies and material.
• Assist parks maintenance personnel in the maintenance of City parks and other facilities.
• May drive to and from work sites.
• Communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
• Work cooperatively and effectively with co-workers, other departments, outside agencies, elected officials and the general public.
• Understand and apply policies, laws and rules; learn and apply pertinent federal, state and local law codes and regulations.
• On a continuous basis, learn and understand all aspects of the job and department procedures.
• Promote and enforce safety procedures including proper use of equipment.
Experience and Training
• None required.
• Completion of formal or informal education sufficient to assure the ability to read and write English at the level required for successful job performance.
License or Certificate
• Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid California driver's license upon date of appointment.
1. What are you hoping to gain through an internship? What do you hope to learn from this position?
2. What are your career goals and how will this internship help you to achieve them?
3. Please choose the specific departments with which you would like to work. (For more information about our departments, visit our website at www.roseville.ca.us)
4. Describe the hours you are available to work.
5. Please describe your current skills as it pertains to the internship.
6. Why do you want to intern at the City of Roseville?
All applications will be screened by the Human Resources Department for minimum qualifications. Select applicants may be contacted by City of Roseville Departments depending on internship opportunities. Appointment is contingent upon passing a City-paid pre-employment physical, a drug and alcohol test and a fingerprint check.
Click Here To Apply
Bids & RFPs
Boards & Commissions
Parks & Recreation
Parks, Rec. & Library
Park & Facility Rentals
Solid Waste (Garbage)
Utility Exploration Center
Traffic Volume Information
311 Vernon St. Roseville, CA 95678
Copyright © 1997-2015 by City of Roseville. All rights reserved.