Send a link
Return to Previous Page
Fire Logistics Worker
FIRE LOGISTICS WORKER
Fire Logistics Worker:
$16.54 to $23.27 hourly
FINAL FILING DATE:
We are accepting the
first 50 qualified applications
closing at 5 pm, January 13, 2016
; whichever occurs first. PERS retired annuitants are not eligible to apply.
IT IS MANDATORY THAT YOU COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE. YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE REJECTED IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE ALL NECESSARY INFORMATION.
The Human Resources Department is accepting applications for the temporary and part-time position of Fire Logistics Worker in the Fire- Logistics Department. A flexible schedule is available; part-time is defined as working no more than 25 hours in a week, 1000 hours per calendar year.
To repair, test, service and maintain a variety of firefighting tools and equipment; to perform a variety of duties related to the procurement, receiving, stocking, storage and distribution of materials and supplies within the Fire Department.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives general supervision from higher level supervisory and management staff
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Coordinate the repair, test and servicing of firefighting safety equipment including Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (S.C.B.A.).
• Coordinate the hydrostatic testing of Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (S.C.B.A) bottles.
• Conduct annual fit testing.
• Manage the repair and testing of firefighting equipment including fire hoses, hose couplings and nozzles, life belts, ladders, brackets and numerous hand tools used in firefighting.
• Perform preventive maintenance inspections using hand tools and testing equipment on hose pressure, minor electrical problems, and safety equipment.
• Assist with coordination of training including preparation and recovery of equipment and facilities.
• Establish and maintain adequate stock levels and inventory records; order and receive parts and materials from vendors; check parts received for discrepancies; reconcile packing slips and invoices with materials requisitions.
• Deliver and pick up supplies, materials and equipment by vehicle.
• Utilize computer and applicable software to enter and retrieve information related to parts, materials, work assignments, repair, test and maintenance records, record keeping and timekeeping.
• Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other City employees and the public using principles of good customer service.
• Assist in programming and maintenance of communication equipment
• Perform related work as required.
Fire Logistics Worker
• Modern principles, practices, and procedures of firefighting vehicles, equipment and apparatus.
• Purposes and uses of a variety of vehicles, equipment, tools, and apparatus used in firefighting, rescue, and medical assistance operations.
• Record keeping methods and procedures.
• Computer software, including word processing, data base, and spreadsheets.
• Learn to repair and service a variety of tools, equipment and safety apparatus used in the Fire Department.
• Understand and follow oral and written directions promptly and accurately.
• Carry out work assignments with a minimum of supervision.
• Establish and maintain cooperative relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
• Be available to work both routine and extraordinary work schedules including reporting to work to support fire operations after normal working hours.
• On a continuous basis, know and understand all aspects of the job; observe and follow safety rules and operating procedures; know, understand and interpret departmental and operational policies and procedures, rules and techniques; identify and analyze potential hazards and taking appropriate action.
• On a continuous basis, sit at desk, twisting and reaching for equipment surrounding desk while completing paperwork or forms; use telephone and write or use a keyboard to communicate through written means; perform various tasks that require standing, walking, bending, stooping, squatting, kneeling, simple and power grasping, pushing, pulling and fine manipulation; perform physical activities of a strenuous nature requiring the ability to lift or carry weight of 50 pounds of less.
Experience and Training
One (1) year of experience which demonstrates possession of the methods and procedures involved in testing and repair of common firefighting equipment, receiving, recording, storing, inventory keeping and issuing supplies and equipment is desirable. Experience in public safety is desirable.
Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade.
License or Certificate
Possession of a valid California Class C driver’s license; possession of a Class B driver’s license is desirable.
1. Describe any experience or training that you have managing inventories and/or assets. Please be specific as to the type of inventories/assets managed and for the length of time.
2. Describe any experience or training that you have working with Microsoft Office Suite. Please be specific as to which programs and to what extent you used them.
3. Describe your experience working with vendors as it relates to purchasing, professional services, and repairs.
4. Do you have additional coursework in fire science, business, finance, management and/or public administration?
Applications will be screened by the Human Resources Department for minimum qualifications. Qualifying applicants may be contacted by the Department to interview. Final appointment is contingent upon a check of past employment references, passing a City-paid fingerprint check and depending on position applied for a pre-employment medical exam and a drug and alcohol screening test.
Temporary / Seasonal, Hourly
Click Here to Apply
Bids & RFPs
Boards & Commissions
Parks & Recreation
Parks, Rec. & Library
Park & Facility Rentals
Solid Waste (Garbage)
Utility Exploration Center
Traffic Volume Information
311 Vernon St. Roseville, CA 95678
Copyright © 1997-2016 by City of Roseville. All rights reserved.