Send a link
Return to Previous Page
Marketing and Communications Analyst II
$4,429 to $6,233 Monthly (26 pay periods annually)
FINAL FILING DATE:
We are accepting the
first 75 qualified applications
or closing at 5 pm, January 20, 2017;
whichever occurs first.
IT IS MANDATORY THAT YOU COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE. YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE REJECTED IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE ALL NECESSARY INFORMATION.
The Human Resources Department is accepting applications for the regular and full-time position of Marketing and Communications Analyst II in the Environmental Utilities Department. The normal work schedule is Monday through Friday, 8 –5 pm; due to special events evenings and weekends are sometimes required. A flex schedule may be available.
The City of Roseville promotes a no smoking atmosphere.
To perform professional marketing and/or public information duties in support of assigned department and City services and programs; to develop and utilize marketing strategies to inform and promote City programs and activities to customers and the general public; to act as a community and media liaison; to work collaboratively in support of technical program staff; and to provide processional marketing support to assigned management
This is the journey level class within the Marketing and Communications Analyst series and is distinguished from the I level by the assignment of the full range of duties. Employees at this level receive only occasional instruction or assistance as new, unusual or unique situations arise and are fully aware of the operating procedures and policies within the work unit. Positions in this class are flexibly staffed and are normally filled by advancement from the I level.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
• Receives direction from assigned management staff.
• May exercise direct supervision over technical and administrative support personnel.
• May exercise technical and functional supervisor over lower level professional personnel.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Develop and implement marketing and communication plans and strategies for assigned program areas and projects related to department and City operations, services and programs; foster public awareness of available services and programs.
• Develop and conduct market research and public opinion surveys; analyze customer behavior, usages and trends; evaluate program and modify communication, advertising and outreach methods as necessary.
• Develop and implement a variety of outreach activities and communications methods to educate and inform the public and customers regarding assigned programs in support of department goals; make presentations about programs and related value, benefits and cost savings.
• Work closely with current or prospective customers to encourage continued or new program participation; address customer issues, concerns, and needs and resolve problems.
• Develop customer contact and communications plan to establish point-of-contact relationship; serve as liaison to other City staff and departments relative to customer concerns or needs.
• Schedule and coordinate news conferences, including preparation of news releases and related data and information; develop media relations to facilitate distribution and communication of information about City services and programs.
• Respond to public, radio, television, and print media requests and other electronic media and forums with information about City programs and services as well as unusual circumstances/situations of immediate public interest, including emergency information; prepare, edit and coordinate press releases, media tip sheets, newspaper/magazine articles and related communications.
• Write speeches and develop talking points for City staff and officials regarding programs, services and topics of resident interest; prepare scripts for City cable television programs and host such programs, as assigned.
• Develop and implement a variety of promotional and advertising methods/materials to publicize services, programs, and events; prepare internal and external newsletters including writing, editing, layout, photograph placement, scheduling and coordination of printing and distribution.
• Participate in budget preparation related to program areas; prepare costs estimates for budget recommendations for marketing and advertising; monitor expenditures.
• Evaluate, recommend and implement new or modified policies, processes, or programs in response to customer needs and available new technology; propose methods for development and implementation.
• Design, plan and implement marketing and advertising material; provide training and technical support to staff on marketing, advertising, writing, publicity and communication strategies and policies; participate in or oversee the design, development and publication of outreach and marketing materials.
• Develop and oversee social media policy and sites; work with City departments in developing consistent website content; ensure accurate and current information is available regarding programs and services.
• Test, troubleshoot, and install software; resolve customer account issues; work with third party vendors regarding computer applications and systems.
• Assist in the development to the City’s brand and style guide; recommend and implement changes to the City’s brand; enforce adherence to the City’s brand and style guide; establish department performance standards and methods for marketing and communication activities; oversee internet and intranet site regarding program activity content and users.
• Plan, coordinate and implement community celebration events and recognition events for City staff and community members/groups.
• Compose and prepare letters, brochures, and articles; submit articles and photographs to a variety of specialty publications; maintain files of newspaper articles and clippings on City activities and promotional programs.
• Serve on a variety of City committees; assist City staff in the development of publications, promotional materials, and oral presentations as requested; attend meetings and make presentations to City Council, staff, and other organizations.
• Plan, prioritize, assign, supervise and review the work of assigned personnel related to program activities.
• Research, compile, and prepare reports as required; make presentations to commissions, community groups and outside agencies.
• Answer questions and provide information to the public; investigate complaints related to program areas of assignment and recommend corrective action as necessary to resolve complaints.
• Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other City employees and the public using principles of good customer service.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
• Principles and practices of cost benefit analysis as related to assigned department operations.
• City organization, services, and programs.
• Current marketing, advertising, and public relation principles and practices.
• Graphic design principles.
• Social media tools used to enhance internal and citizen-to-government communication.
• Sophisticated computer software used in design and communications, digital photography and graphic/visual preparation and editing functions.
• Pertinent local, State and Federal rules and regulations.
• Features and elements to assigned department marketing programs and activities.
• Program evaluation and analysis.
• Independently perform professional marketing and/or public information duties to promote City services and programs.
• Analyze market changes to determine new business and program opportunities.
• Collect, analyze and interpret customer data.
• Prepare and make effective oral presentations to a variety of formal and informal audiences.
• Assist in developing operating policies and procedures related to area of assignment.
Experience and Training
Two years of responsible experience performing duties similar to that of a Marketing and Communications Analyst I with the City of Roseville.
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in marketing, communications, graphic design, public relations, advertising, business administration, journalism, public administration or a related field.
License or Certificate
Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid California driver’s license.
1. Your response to question 2, the applicant’s, training and experience, will be scored using a pre-determined formula. Your responses to this question must be consistent with your employment application information. This experience must also be described in the “Work Experience" section of this application. Responses to the supplemental questionnaire that are inconsistent from your “Work Experience” section in the application will not be scored. I understand and agree with the above instructions.
2. How many years of responsible experience do you have performing duties similar to that of a Marketing and Communications Analyst I with the City of Roseville?
Less than 2 years
3. In what fields do you have experience? (Select all that apply)
I don’t have any experience
4. What graphic design software are you proficient with?
5. Give examples of the type of designs you have created and what made them effective?
6. Describe your experience in designing and producing electronic and printed publications. Please list the software you regularly use to produce these publications.
7. Describe your experience with maintaining and monitoring websites and social media platforms. Please provide links to at least three web and social media sites identified in your answer. Describe the outcome of these mediums to reach your goals. Describe ways you would use them in your position in the environmental utilities department.
8. You will be responsible for developing and coordinating special events, workshops and outreach booths ranging from the events that attract thousands of participants to workshops on technical issues attracting a dozen people. Please describe your experience coordinating these types of events and things you’ve done to keep annual events fresh and appealing.
All candidates meeting the minimum qualifications will have their application scored in a Formula Rate Examination. The applicant’s experience and education will be evaluated using a pre-determined formula. Scores from this evaluation will determine applicant ranking and placement on the Employment List. Supplemental questions will be utilized by the department hiring authority to make interview and selection determinations. Please note that applicants who meet minimum qualifications will be required to respond to an online Criminal Conviction Questionnaire sent via e-mail. Failure to respond to this questionnaire within (5) five calendar days of the e-mail notification will result in your application not being considered further. Final appointment is contingent upon a check of past employment references, passing a City-paid fingerprint check and depending on position applied for a pre-employment medical exam and a drug and alcohol screening test.
THE CITY OF ROSEVILLE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. IF YOU REQUIRE AN ACCOMMODATION DUE TO A DISABILITY, PLEASE CONTACT THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT LEAST 5 WORKING DAYS BEFORE A SCHEDULED INTERVIEW/EXAMINATION PROCESS. MEDICAL DISABILITY VERIFICATION MAY BE REQUIRED PRIOR TO ACCOMMODATION.
Regular / Benefitted, Salary
Click Here to Apply
Bids & RFPs
Boards & Commissions
Parks & Recreation
Parks, Rec. & Library
Park & Facility Rentals
Solid Waste (Garbage)
Utility Exploration Center
Traffic Volume Information
311 Vernon St. Roseville, CA 95678
Copyright © 1997-2016 by City of Roseville. All rights reserved.