Send a link
Return to Previous Page
Finance Clerk I
FINANCE CLERK I
SALARY: $2,805 to $3,947 monthly (26 pay periods annually)
FINAL FILING DATE: We are accepting the first 100 qualified applications or closing at 5 pm, January 25, 2017; whichever occurs first.
IT IS MANDATORY THAT YOU COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE. YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE REJECTED IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE ALL NECESSARY INFORMATION.
The Human Resources Department is accepting applications for the regular and Full-time position of Finance Clerk I in the Finance Department. The normal work schedule is Monday through Friday, 8 –5 pm; a flex schedule may be available.
The City of Roseville promotes a no smoking atmosphere.
To perform a variety of clerical accounting duties in support of specific assigned functional areas; to support other accounting staff; to prepare, maintain, and process accounting records, financial transactions and utility payments; and to provide internal and external customer service.
This is the entry level class in the Finance Clerk series. Positions in this class typically have little or no directly related work experience and work under immediate supervision while learning job tasks. The Finance Clerk I is distinguished from the II level by the performance of less than the full range of duties assigned to the II level. Incumbents work under immediate supervision while learning job tasks, progressing to general supervision as procedures and processes of assigned area of responsibility are learned.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives immediate supervision from assigned management or supervisory staff; and technical and functional supervision from a Senior Finance Clerk.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES - Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Provide customer service at the counter, by telephone, or e-mail; receive money and issue receipts; balance daily cash drawer.
• Assist the public and City employees by answering inquiries about departmental policies, procedures and programs related to utility billing, licensing, accounts payable/receivable, , or consolidated billing.
• Provide clerical support to department staff; make copies of documents as needed; handle correspondence by typing memoranda, letters and reports as required; distribute correspondence, and process incoming and outgoing mail.
• Maintain books, records, and files; assist with processing of documents such as invoices, purchase orders, warrants, tax statements, and other records.
• Work with ledger accounts and other records; maintain subsidiary ledgers; accumulate records and statistics related to departmental operations.
• Research and resolve discrepancies; respond to customer questions regarding utility bills; set up payment arrangements.
• Print service orders and coordinate with other City departments for the turn on and off of utilities.
• Maintain records of monies received; post to ledgers, reconcile, balance and audit accounts; assist in preparing financial statements; quarterly tax returns and fiscal year end reports; complete bank deposit documentation.
• Review invoices for complete and accurate coding, taxes, discounts and totals; match invoices to purchase orders; allocate purchases to correct accounts.
• Process check and invoice print runs, credit card payments, electronic fund transfers, positive pay and file transfers to financial institutions.
• Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other City employees and the public using principles of good customer service.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
• Modern office procedures, methods and computer equipment.
• Basic methods of record keeping, including personal computer uses related to spreadsheet and database applications.
• Basic mathematical calculations.
• English usage including spelling, punctuation and grammar.
• Principles of customer service.
• Learn to perform a variety of accounting clerical duties in support of specific assigned functional areas.
• Intermittently review documents related to department operations; observe, identify and problem solve office operations and procedures; understand, interpret and explain department policies and procedures; explain operations and problem solve office issues for the public and with staff.
• On a continuous basis, sit at desk and/or stand at counter for long periods of time. Intermittently twist and reach office equipment; write and use keyboard to communicate through written means; run errands; lift or carry weight of 10 pounds or less.
• Learn to operate a personal computer for data entry, inquiry, and report generation.
• Maintain confidentiality of a wide range of sensitive information.
• Make accurate mathematical calculations.
• Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Establish and maintain cooperative relations with those contacted during the course of work.
Experience and Training
• No experience is required.
• Equivalent to the completion of the twelfth grade; supplemental course work in accounting, office management, computer science or related field is desirable.
License or Certificate
• Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid California Driver’s License.
1. Your responses to questions 2-5, the applicant’s education, training and experience, will be scored using a pre-determined formula. Your responses to these questions must be consistent with your employment application information. This experience must also be described in the “Work Experience" section of this application. Responses to the supplemental questionnaire that are inconsistent from your “Work Experience” section in the application will not be scored. I understand and agree with the above instructions.
2. How many years of experience do you have performing duties similar to that of a Finance Clerk I with the City of Roseville?
- Less than 1 year
- 1-2 Years
- 2-3 Years
- 3-4 Years
- 4-5 Years
- 5+ Years
3. How many years of experience do you have working in a call center environment?
- Less than 1 year
- 1-2 Years
- 2-3 Years
- 3-4 Years
- 4-5 Years
- 5+ Years
4. Describe your experience working with a utility company.
5. Describe your experience working in a call center environment.
All candidates meeting the minimum qualifications will have their Supplemental Questionnaire scored in the Formula Rate Examination. Based upon responses to the supplemental application question 1, the applicant’s responses will be evaluated using a pre-determined formula. Scores from this evaluation will determine applicant ranking and placement on the Employment List. Supplemental questions 2-5 will be utilized by the department hiring authority to make interview and selection determinations. Final promotional appointment is contingent upon having successfully passed a City-paid pre-employment medical exam specific for the position for which applied.
THE CITY OF ROSEVILLE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. IF YOU REQUIRE AN ACCOMMODATION DUE TO A DISABILITY, PLEASE CONTACT THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT LEAST 5 WORKING DAYS BEFORE A SCHEDULED INTERVIEW/EXAMINATION PROCESS. MEDICAL DISABILITY VERIFICATION MAY BE REQUIRED PRIOR TO ACCOMMODATION.
Regular / Benefitted, Salary
Click Here to Apply
Bids & RFPs
Boards & Commissions
Parks & Recreation
Parks, Rec. & Library
Park & Facility Rentals
Solid Waste (Garbage)
Utility Exploration Center
Traffic Volume Information
311 Vernon St. Roseville, CA 95678
Copyright © 1997-2016 by City of Roseville. All rights reserved.