Send a link
Return to Previous Page
Aquatics Specialist I (Lifeguard/Swim Instructor Aide)
FINAL FILING DATE:
We are accepting the first 100 qualified applications
or closing at 5 pm, April 13, 2017; whichever occurs first.
PERS retired annuitants are not eligible to apply.
IT IS MANDATORY THAT YOU COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE. YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE REJECTED IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE ALL NECESSARY INFORMATION.
The Human Resources Department is accepting applications for the temporary and part-time position of Aquatics Specialist I in the Parks, Recreation & Libraries Department. The normal work schedule for a year round employee will be: January through December, Sunday through Saturday, up to 25 hours per week. The normal work schedule for a seasonal employee will be: May through September, Sunday through Saturday, up to 40 hours per week.
The City of Roseville promotes a no smoking atmosphere.
To perform a variety of duties related to provide swimming instruction and lifeguard duties.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Maintain constant surveillance as assigned to safeguard swimmers from drowning and other accidents.
• Assist in conducting classes at all participant skill levels (beginning through advanced) and supervise the conduct of swimmers in City pools in order to maintain a safe environment.
• Maintain discipline and orderly conduct among patrons and enforce all pertinent City pool rules and regulations.
• Promote and enforce water safety procedures; effective swimming rescues; render first aid and CPR as required.
• Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other City employees, and the public using principles of good customer service.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
• Principles and techniques of swimming instruction appropriate for various age groups.
• Principles and practices of water safety and swimming rescue techniques.
• Proper stroke mechanics.
• Principles and techniques of first aid and CPR.
• Practices and methods of public relations and customer service; techniques and principles of effective interpersonal communication.
• On a continuous basis, know and understand operations and observe safety rules; walk; swim with proficiency and endurance; render life saving measures; interpret policies and procedures, and explain operations and problem solve issues for the public and with staff.
• Intermittently set up booths, hang banners, move tables and carry supplies; lift or carry weight of 45 pounds or less.
• Prevent accidents and conduct effective rescues.
• Understand and translate City policies and practices into everyday working practices; make sound decisions with solid problem solving methods.
• Respond to emergency situations in a calm and effective manner; administer first aid and CPR.
• Work outdoors in a variety of weather conditions.
• Understand and carry out written and oral directions.
• Communicate tactfully with customers.
• Communicate effectively and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Promote and enforce safety procedures including proper use of equipment.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Experience and Training
• None required.
• Equivalent to completion of the tenth (10th) grade or fifteen (15) years of age.
License or Certificate
• Possession of a current American Red Cross Lifeguard Training certificate upon date of appointment.
• Possession of a current American Red Cross CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer certificate upon date of appointment.
• Possession of a current American Red Cross Title 22 First Aid for Public Personnel certificate upon date of appointment.
• Possession of a current American Red Cross Administering Emergency Oxygen certificate by date of appointment.
• Possession of a current Roseville Swim Instructor I (RSI I) certificate is desired.
1. If hired by the City of Roseville, would you prefer to work year-round (January–December, up to 25 hours per week) or seasonally (May–September, up to 40 hours per week)?
2. If hired by the City of Roseville, will you be able to attend all of the following pre-season mandatory trainings?
• Saturday, May 20th 9am-12pm
• Saturday May 20th 1pm-5pm
• Saturday, May 27th 8:30am-12pm
• Saturday May 27th 2pm-5pm
• Saturday June 3rd 10am-12pm
• Saturday June 3rd 1:30pm-3:30pm
Applications will be screened by the Human Resources Department for minimum qualifications. Qualifying applicants may be contacted by the Department to interview. Final appointment is contingent upon a check of past employment references, passing a City-paid fingerprint check and depending on position applied for a pre-employment medical exam and a drug and alcohol screening test.
THE CITY OF ROSEVILLE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. IF YOU REQUIRE AN ACCOMMODATION DUE TO A DISABILITY, PLEASE CONTACT THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT LEAST 5 WORKING DAYS BEFORE A SCHEDULED INTERVIEW/EXAMINATION PROCESS. MEDICAL DISABILITY VERIFICATION MAY BE REQUIRED PRIOR TO ACCOMMODATION.
Temporary / Seasonal, Hourly
Click Here to Apply
Bids & RFPs
Boards & Commissions
Parks & Recreation
Parks, Rec. & Library
Park & Facility Rentals
Solid Waste (Garbage)
Utility Exploration Center
Traffic Volume Information
311 Vernon St. Roseville, CA 95678
Copyright © 1997-2016 by City of Roseville. All rights reserved.