Send a link
Return to Previous Page
College Intern - IT
$11.00 - $21.77 Hourly
FINAL FILING DATE:
first 50 applications
or closing no later than
5:00 p.m., Friday, April 7, 2017. PERS Retired Annuitants are not eligible to apply.
IT IS MANDATORY THAT YOU COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONS. YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE REJECTED IF
YOU DO NOT PROVIDE ALL THE NECESSARY INFORMATION.
The Human Resources Department is accepting applications for the 1000 hour temporary position of College Intern to work in the IT Client Services Division with the Roseville Information Technology Department. The length of the Internship will be 3 to 4 months with a work schedule, Monday through Thursday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
To perform a variety of administrative, technical and general support staff duties for assigned department or division.
This is a temporary part-time, training classification in which students with current enrollment in college with course work related to the area assigned can gain experience in assisting city staff in the performance of professional administrative or technical duties.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives general supervision from higher level staff, as assigned.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES
– Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Setting up the asset management database for all the cities computers and monitors
• Populate database using reports pulled from automation tools as well as collecting data directly from city departments
• Setup reporting to enable quarterly audits to keep database accurate and up-to-date
• Setup software library
• Effective methods of making oral and written reports and presentations.
• Research techniques, methods and procedures.
• Communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
• Work cooperatively and effectively with co-workers, other departments, outside agencies, and the general public.
• Understand and apply policies, laws and rules; learn and apply pertinent federal, state and local law codes and regulations.
• Exhibit proficiency in use of modern office methods and enter and revise information on computer databases; demonstrate proficiency in computer word processing; type at a speed necessary to successfully perform duties.
• On a continuous basis, learn and understand all aspects of the job and department procedures; sit at desk or in meetings for long periods of time; review work papers and reports; identify and interpret technical and numerical information.
• On a continuous basis, twist to reach equipment surrounding desk; perform simple grasping and fine manipulation; use telephone and operate a variety of office equipment; use personal computer.
Experience and Training
• None required.
• Equivalent to the completion of twelfth (12th) grade. Current enrollment in six or more units toward Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Computer Science.
License or Certificate
• Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid California driver’s license upon date of appointment.
1. Please indicate your current emphasis of study in school.
2. What are your educational goals?
3. What are your goals after you complete your education?
4. Please describe any experience you have with Information Technology.
5. Please describe your customer service experience.
Benefits of Internship
Acquiring a working understanding of the various aspects of municipal IT practices, working in a support desk environment, IT Service Management, as well as a practical understanding of how their technical studies relate to the real-world applications in their field.
All applications will be screened by the Human Resources Department for minimum qualifications. Select applicants may be contacted by the Information Technology Department for interview. Appointment is contingent upon passing a fingerprint check.
Click Here to Apply
Bids & RFPs
Boards & Commissions
Parks & Recreation
Parks, Rec. & Library
Park & Facility Rentals
Solid Waste (Garbage)
Utility Exploration Center
Traffic Volume Information
311 Vernon St. Roseville, CA 95678
Copyright © 1997-2016 by City of Roseville. All rights reserved.