Send a link
Return to Previous Page
Development Systems Analyst (Planning Systems Analyst)
DEVELOPMENT SYSTEMS ANALYST
(PLANNING SYSTEMS ANALYST)
TEMPORARY, PART TIME
SALARY: $30.36 to $42.72 hourly
FINAL FILING DATE: We are accepting until 5 pm, Wednesday, March 29, 2017. PERS retired annuitants are not eligible to apply.
IT IS MANDATORY THAT YOU COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE. YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE REJECTED IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE ALL NECESSARY INFORMATION.
The Human Resources Department is accepting applications for the temporary and part-time position of Development Systems Analyst (Planning Systems Analyst) in the Development Services Department.
The City of Roseville promotes a no smoking atmosphere.
To perform professional and technical duties in support of Planning Department activities; to coordinate and oversee the work of technical staff in the maintenance of databases and development of reports; and to analyze, develop and recommend process improvements to existing business systems to achieve the department’s goals.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
• Receives direction from assigned management personnel.
• Exercises technical and functional supervision over technical and administrative support personnel.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES - Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Oversee, coordinate and review the work of technical staff as it relates to the development and maintenance of databases, the production of reports, and the production of maps, visual materials and other documents used in presentation.
• Assist the department in meeting State and Federal rules and regulations related to updating and maintaining development standards, zoning ordinances, and the general plan with the use of databases and other systems. • Provide systems management for department specific databases, reporting and mapping applications.
• Provide graphic, drafting, reporting, mapping and GIS support to internal and external customers; receive and review requests from departmental staff, other departments and outside agencies and determine their needs.
• Produce analytical and technical reports with the use of data processing systems that support the overall goals and needs of the department.
• Research, analyze, compile and interpret social, economic, population and land use data and trends.
• Manage and participate in various special projects and studies.
• Work closely with departmental staff to understand and identify needs; analyze and evaluate present or proposed business procedures or problems to define data processing needs.
• Serve as liaison with outside vendors.
• Represent function on committees, outside organizations, and at staff subcommittees as necessary; coordinate technical support activities with other departments and divisions and outside agencies.
• Answer questions and provide information to the public, via telephone, e-mail, and written correspondence related to technical support program and operations; investigate complaints and recommend corrective action as necessary to resolve complaints.
• Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other City employees and the public using principles of good customer service.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
• Principles and practices of computer systems and related analysis and design.
• Principles and practices of urban planning and development.
• Principles and practices of relational database techniques and design.
• Principles and practices of GIS concepts, surveying, drafting and mapping.
• Pertinent local, State and Federal laws, ordinances and rules.
• Perform professional work in support of the Planning Department’s business needs.
• On a continuous basis, know and understand all aspects of the job. Intermittently analyze work papers, reports and special projects; identify and interpret technical and numerical information; observe and problem solve operational and technical policy and procedures.
• On a continuous basis, sit at desk for long periods of time. Intermittently twist to reach equipment surrounding desk; perform simple grasping and fine manipulation; use telephone, and write or use a keyboard to communicate through written means; and lift or carry weight of 10 pounds or less.
• Analyze, develop and implement business solutions.
• Perform complex analytical research, relational and spatial analysis and GIS mapping.
• Train or instruct users in the use of computer equipment and operating procedures.
• Prepare a variety of reports and maintain accurate records and files.
• Problem solve, make decisions, and give direction.
• Develop and recommend policies and procedures related to assigned operations
• Advocate on behalf of the department for change and process improvement.
• Identify new technology solutions to manage the workload of the department.
• Monitor the effectiveness of existing systems and procedures and make and implement recommendations for change.
• Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Experience and Training
• Two years of responsible experience identifying, developing and implementing technological business solutions, preferably as it relates to urban planning.
• Equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in computer science, information systems, business management, accounting, business information systems, finance, planning or a related field.
License or Certificate
• Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid California driver’s license.
Please provide any relevant work experience in the following areas:
1. Requirements Gathering
2. System Configuration
3. Process Improvement
4. Software Implementation
5. Technical Writing and Documentation
6. Customer Support
8. SQL, SSRS Reporting, or Business Objects/Crystal Reporting
Applications will be screened by the Human Resources Department for minimum qualifications. Qualifying applicants may be contacted by the Department to interview. Final appointment is contingent upon a check of past employment references, passing a City-paid fingerprint check and depending on position applied for a pre-employment medical exam and a drug and alcohol screening test.
THE CITY OF ROSEVILLE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. IF YOU REQUIRE AN ACCOMMODATION DUE TO A DISABILITY, PLEASE CONTACT THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT LEAST 5 WORKING DAYS BEFORE A SCHEDULED INTERVIEW/EXAMINATION PROCESS. MEDICAL DISABILITY VERIFICATION MAY BE REQUIRED PRIOR TO ACCOMMODATION.
Temporary / Seasonal, Salary
Click Here To Apply
Bids & RFPs
Boards & Commissions
Parks & Recreation
Parks, Rec. & Library
Park & Facility Rentals
Solid Waste (Garbage)
Utility Exploration Center
Traffic Volume Information
311 Vernon St. Roseville, CA 95678
Copyright © 1997-2016 by City of Roseville. All rights reserved.