Send a link
Return to Previous Page
College Intern - Parks, Recreation & Libraries
$11.00 to $14.03 hourly
FINAL FILING DATE:
We are accepting the first 50 qualified applications or closing at 5 pm, May 31, 2017; whichever occurs first.
PERS retired annuitants are not eligible to apply.
IT IS MANDATORY THAT YOU COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE. YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE REJECTED IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE ALL NECESSARY INFORMATION.
The Human Resources Department is accepting applications for the temporary and part-time position of College Intern in the Parks, Recreation & Libraries Department. The length of the internship will be for 6 weeks and will not exceed 25 hours/week.
The City of Roseville promotes a no smoking atmosphere.
To perform a variety of administrative, technical and general support staff duties for assigned department or division.
This is a temporary part-time, training classification in which students with current enrollment in college with course work related to the area assigned can gain experience in assisting city staff in the performance of professional administrative or technical duties.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives general supervision from higher level staff as assigned.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
Assisting the Administration office on projects such as:
• Policy Development
• Staff roles and responsibilities
• Department strategic plan
• Building partnerships
• Effective methods of making oral and written reports and presentations.
• Research techniques, methods and procedures.
• Communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
• Work cooperatively and effectively with co-workers, other departments, outside agencies, and the general public.
• Understand and apply policies, laws and rules; learn and apply pertinent federal, state and local law codes and regulations.
• Exhibit proficiency in use of modern office methods and enter and revise information on computer databases; demonstrate proficiency in computer word processing; type at a speed necessary to successfully perform duties.
• On a continuous basis, learn and understand all aspects of the job and department procedures; sit at desk or in meetings for long periods of time; review work papers and reports; identify and interpret technical and numerical information.
• On a continuous basis, twist to reach equipment surrounding desk; perform simple grasping and fine manipulation; use telephone and operate a variety of office equipment; use personal computer.
Experience and Training
• None required.
• Equivalent to the completion the twelfth (12th) grade. Current enrollment in six or more units towards a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Public Administration, Business Administration, Recreation, or a related field.
License or Certificate
• Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid California driver’s license upon date of appointment.
1. What is your current major and specific area of study?
2. What would you like to learn from an internship with the Parks, Recreation & Libraries department?
3. What knowledge and skills do you possess that would make you a valuable intern?
Benefits of Internship
The intern can expect to gain an overall immersion in to the administration of a Parks and Recreation Department.
Applications will be screened by the Human Resources Department for minimum qualifications. Qualifying applicants may be contacted by the Department to interview. Final appointment is contingent upon a check of past employment references, passing a City-paid fingerprint check and depending on position applied for a pre-employment medical exam and a drug and alcohol screening test.
THE CITY OF ROSEVILLE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. IF YOU REQUIRE AN ACCOMMODATION DUE TO A DISABILITY, PLEASE CONTACT THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT LEAST 5 WORKING DAYS BEFORE A SCHEDULED INTERVIEW/EXAMINATION PROCESS. MEDICAL DISABILITY VERIFICATION MAY BE REQUIRED PRIOR TO ACCOMMODATION.
Temporary / Seasonal, Hourly
Click Here to Apply
Bids & RFPs
Boards & Commissions
Parks & Recreation
Parks, Rec. & Library
Park & Facility Rentals
Solid Waste (Garbage)
Utility Exploration Center
Traffic Volume Information
311 Vernon St. Roseville, CA 95678
Copyright © 1997-2016 by City of Roseville. All rights reserved.