Send a link
Return to Previous Page
Plant & Equipment Mechanic II
$4644 to $6534 monthly (26 pay periods annually)
FINAL FILING DATE:
We are accepting the
first 50 qualified applications
or closing at 5 pm, August 4, 2017;
whichever occurs first
IT IS MANDATORY THAT YOU COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE. YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE REJECTED IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE ALL NECESSARY INFORMATION.
The Human Resources Department is accepting applications for the regular and full-time position of Plant and Equipment Mechanic II in the Environmental Utilities Department. The normal work schedule is Monday through Friday, 6:00am - 3:30pm; a flex schedule may be available.
The City of Roseville promotes a no smoking atmosphere.
To perform a variety of skilled and semi-skilled emergency and scheduled construction, maintenance, repair and service tasks related to equipment used in water and wastewater treatment plant operations and ancillary facilities.
This is the journey level class in the Plant and Equipment Mechanic series and is distinguished from the I level by the ability to perform the full range of duties assigned with only occasional instruction or assistance as unusual or unique situations arise. Positions in this class are flexibly staffed and are normally filled by advancement from the I level.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives general supervision from an assigned supervisor; and technical and functional supervision from a Senior Plant and Equipment Mechanic.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Inspect, maintain and service machinery and equipment including pumps, valves, motors, engines, compressors, and gear reducers.
• Operate and maintain a variety of heavy tools and equipment, small hand and power tools; lubricate and weld equipment as necessary.
• Perform regularly scheduled preventive maintenance work on plant and pumping station equipment; maintain records of maintenance work done on equipment; disconnect equipment prior to removal.
• Assist in construction of special projects, reading and interpreting blueprints and understanding oral instructions.
• Machine parts for the repair of equipment using a variety of machine tools including, lathes, mills, grinders, drill presses, and a variety of precision measuring instruments.
• Perform minor building maintenance, cleaning and custodial duties in assigned utility facilities; paint utility equipment, keep work area in a neat and orderly condition.
• Perform a variety of manual labor tasks, including digging trenches and inserting shoring as needed.
• Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other City employees, and the public using principles of good customer service.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
• Standard operating practices and procedures of skilled plant and equipment mechanical work associated with construction, maintenance, repair and service of equipment related to water and wastewater operations.
• Independently perform a variety of skilled complex repairs, maintenance, and service tasks involving pumps and motors.
Experience and Training
• Any combination of experience and training that would likely provide the required knowledge and abilities is qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge and abilities would be:
• Two years of responsible experience performing duties similar to that of a Plant and Equipment Mechanic I with the City of Roseville (a variety of skilled and semi-skilled emergency and scheduled construction, maintenance, repair and service tasks related to equipment used in water and wastewater treatment plant operations and ancillary facilities).
• Equivalent to completion of the twelfth grade.
License or Certificate
• Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid California driver’s license.
1. Your responses to questions 2-6, the applicant’s education, training and experience, will be scored using a pre-determined formula. Your responses to these questions must be consistent with your employment application information. This experience must also be described in the “Work Experience" section of this application. Responses to the supplemental questionnaire that are inconsistent from your “Work Experience” section in the application will not be scored. I understand and agree with the above instructions.
2. How many years of experience do you have performing a variety of skilled and semi-skilled emergency and scheduled construction, maintenance, repair and service tasks related to equipment used in water and wastewater treatment plant operations and ancillary facilities?
? Less than 2 years
? 2-3 Years
? 3-4 Years
? 4-5 Years
? 5+ Years
? 6+ Years
3. Please describe the most difficult mechanical problem you have solved, how you contributed, and what the outcome was.
4. Please tell us your experience with mechanical systems maintenance and repair, especially as related to an industrial continuous process environment such as water or wastewater treatment plants and associated facilities?
5. Do you have any experience with welding and/or metal fabrication? If yes, please give examples and tell us what you think your competency level is.
6. What experience do you have that demonstrates your ability to use a computer to enter and retrieve information related to work assignments, recordkeeping and timekeeping?
All candidates meeting the minimum qualifications will have their application scored in a Formula Rate Examination. The applicant’s experience and education will be evaluated using a pre-determined formula. Scores from this evaluation will determine applicant ranking and placement on the Employment List. Supplemental questions will be utilized by the department hiring authority to make interview and selection determinations. Please note that applicants who meet minimum qualifications will be required to respond to an online Criminal Conviction Questionnaire sent via e-mail. Failure to respond to this questionnaire within (5) five calendar days of the e-mail notification will result in your application not being considered further. Final appointment is contingent upon a check of past employment references, passing a City-paid fingerprint check and depending on position applied for a pre-employment medical exam and a drug and alcohol screening test.
THE CITY OF ROSEVILLE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. IF YOU REQUIRE AN ACCOMMODATION DUE TO A DISABILITY, PLEASE CONTACT THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT LEAST 5 WORKING DAYS BEFORE A SCHEDULED INTERVIEW/EXAMINATION PROCESS. MEDICAL DISABILITY VERIFICATION MAY BE REQUIRED PRIOR TO ACCOMMODATION.
Regular / Benefitted, Salary
Click Here to Apply
Bids & RFPs
Boards & Commissions
Parks & Recreation
Parks, Rec. & Library
Park & Facility Rentals
Solid Waste (Garbage)
Utility Exploration Center
Traffic Volume Information
311 Vernon St. Roseville, CA 95678
Copyright © 1997-2016 by City of Roseville. All rights reserved.