Send a link
Return to Previous Page
Video & Multimedia Technician - Limited Term
monthly (26 pay periods annually)
FINAL FILING DATE:
We are accepting the
first 50 qualified
applications or closing at 5 pm, August 18, 2017; whichever occurs first.
IT IS MANDATORY THAT YOU COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE. YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE REJECTED IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE ALL NECESSARY INFORMATION.
The Human Resources Department is accepting applications for the position of Video & Multimedia Technician.
The current opening is a limited term, benefitted and full-time position in the Public Affairs & Communications department but the list may be utilized to fill future regular and full-time vacancies for the duration of the list. The term length for the current vacancy is not guaranteed but cannot exceed 36 months.
The City of Roseville promotes a no smoking atmosphere.
To perform responsible technical duties related to the development and production of high quality video productions that integrate and elevate the City’s multi-media presence on social media and provide community engagement; to coordinate the City’s online and televised broadcast resources to ensure continued public access to the City’s services; and to provide technical assistance to management.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives general supervision from an assigned manager.
May exercise technical and functional supervision over technical staff.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Duties include, but are not limited, to the following:
• Plan and participate in the production of the City’s live television broadcast including the oversight of volunteers and/or consultants.
• Write, produce and develop video content.
• Operate a variety of technical equipment in the broadcast control room; replace parts and repair equipment or secure vendor assistance; maintain service records and schedules.
• Develop, implement and maintain a Citywide video content work plan and schedule.
• Serve as a creative resource in video production including seeking new industry trends and developing and implementing creative approaches that increase community and civic engagement through video.
• Provide technical support as it relates to the use of video and photography in social media and electronic media.
• Maintain the City’s photographic resources including photo databases.
• Research, recommend and develop new outlets for the dissemination of video in order to reach a wider audience.
• Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other City employees and the public using principles of good customer service.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
• Media production and distribution processes and technologies.
• Digital and analog television and other media production practices and techniques.
• Common broadcast equipment.
• Audio and video streaming technology and video compression for the web.
• English usage, spelling, punctuation and grammar.
• Customer service principles and public relations techniques.
• Perform technical duties in the development and production of video productions.
• On a continuous basis, know and understand operations, and observe safety rules; intermittently analyze problem systems and equipment.
• On a continuous basis, sit at a desk for long period of time. Intermittently walk, bend, or stoop while repairing or operating equipment; twist to reach equipment surrounding desk; perform simple grasping and fine manipulation; use telephone, and write or use keyboard to communicate through written means; and lift or carry weight of 25 pounds or less.
• Operate and maintain a variety of production equipment.
• Use computer applications for the development and production of videos.
• Maintain current knowledge of technological advances in the field.
• Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Experience and Training
• Two years of increasingly responsible experience in the operations of audio/video equipment that included video production.
• Equivalent to an Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university in computer science, media communication, or related field.
License or Certificate
• Possession of California Class C driver's license is required by date of appointment.
1. Your responses to question 2, the applicant’s education, training and experience, will be scored using a pre-determined formula. Your responses to these questions must be consistent with your employment application information. This experience must also be described in the “Work Experience" section of this application. Responses to the supplemental questionnaire that are inconsistent from your “Work Experience” section in the application will not be scored. I understand and agree with the above instructions.
2. Do you have any experience in the operation of audio/video equipment that included video production while employed for a government agency?
3. Please provide a link to your online video portfolio in the space provide below.
All candidates meeting the minimum qualifications will have their application scored in a Formula Rate Examination. The applicant’s experience and education will be evaluated using a pre-determined formula. Scores from this evaluation will determine applicant ranking and placement on the Employment List. Supplemental questions will be utilized by the department hiring authority to make interview and selection determinations. Please note that applicants who meet minimum qualifications will be required to respond to an online Criminal Conviction Questionnaire sent via e-mail. Failure to respond to this questionnaire within (5) five calendar days of the e-mail notification will result in your application not being considered further. Final appointment is contingent upon a check of past employment references, passing a City-paid fingerprint check and depending on position applied for a pre-employment medical exam and a drug and alcohol screening test.
THE CITY OF ROSEVILLE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. IF YOU REQUIRE AN ACCOMMODATION DUE TO A DISABILITY, PLEASE CONTACT THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT LEAST 5 WORKING DAYS BEFORE A SCHEDULED INTERVIEW/EXAMINATION PROCESS. MEDICAL DISABILITY VERIFICATION MAY BE REQUIRED PRIOR TO ACCOMMODATION.
Regular / Benefitted, Salary
Click Here to Apply
Bids & RFPs
Boards & Commissions
Parks & Recreation
Parks, Rec. & Library
Park & Facility Rentals
Solid Waste (Garbage)
Utility Exploration Center
Traffic Volume Information
311 Vernon St. Roseville, CA 95678
Copyright © 1997-2016 by City of Roseville. All rights reserved.