Send a link
Return to Previous Page
Accounts Payable Supervisor
$6,798 to $9,111 monthly (26 pay periods annually)
FINAL FILING DATE: Qualified and Regular
City of Roseville employees may submit an application to Human Resources by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, August 21, 2017.
Temporary employees are not eligible to apply.
IT IS MANDATORY THAT YOU COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE. YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE REJECTED IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE ALL NECESSARY INFORMATION.
The Human Resources Department is accepting applications for the regular and full-time position of Accounts Payable Supervisor in the Finance Department. The normal work schedule is Monday through Friday, 8 am –5 pm.
The City of Roseville promotes a no smoking atmosphere.
To plan, organize, direct and supervise accounts payable activities; to assure the accurate calculation, recording and balancing of financial and statistical data; and to perform a variety of technical tasks relative to assigned area of responsibility.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
• Receives general direction from management staff as assigned.
• Exercises direct supervision over assigned technical and support staff.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Recommend and assist in the implementation of goals and objectives; establish schedules and methods for the processing of accounts payable.
• Plan, prioritize, assign, supervise and review the work of staff involved in the preparation, audit and maintenance of accounts payable.
• Evaluate operations and activities of assigned responsibilities; recommend improvements and modifications; prepare various reports on operations and activities.
• Participate in budget preparation and administration; prepare cost estimates for budget recommendations; submit justifications for staff, equipment, and supplies; monitor and control expenditures.
• Participate in the selection of staff; provide or coordinate staff training; work with employees to correct deficiencies; implement discipline procedures.
• Oversee and review payment activities and monitor the related processes to ensure the correctness, accuracy and timeliness of the accounts payable processing.
• Oversee and participate in the review of requests for payment and expense claims for completeness and accuracy.
• Coordinate the accurate and timely filing of 1099’s.
• Research and oversee implementation of technological changes/improvements in processing and reporting methods; assist in the development and review of related requests for proposals.
• Research and prepare technical and administrative reports and communications; prepare written correspondence.
• Gather and prepare financial data as it relates to accounts payable for the annual audit and intermittent audit.
• Research, resolve and respond to department, external agencies, vendors and the general public on issues related to the accounts payable.
• Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; review professional publications; establish personal networks.
• Answer questions and provide information to the public; investigate complaints and recommend corrective action as necessary to resolve complaints.
• Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other City employees and the public using principles of good customer service.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
• Principles and practices of accounting and financial recordkeeping with an emphasis in accounts payable.
• Principles and practices of governmental accounting, auditing, and reporting, including knowledge of GAAP, and GASB updates.
• Principles of supervision, training and performance evaluations.
• Principles of budget monitoring.
• Principles and practices of safety management.
• Pertinent local, State and Federal laws, ordinances and rules.
• Organize, implement and direct accounts payable operations/activities.
• On a continuous basis, know and understand all aspects of the job; intermittently analyze work papers, reports and special projects; identify and interpret technical and numerical information; observe and problem solve operational and technical policy and procedures.
• On a continuous basis, sit at desk for long periods of time; intermittently twist to reach equipment surrounding desk; perform simple grasping and fine manipulation; use telephone, write or use a keyboard to communicate through written means; and lift or carry weight of 10 pounds or less.
• Interpret and explain pertinent City and department policies and procedures.
• Assist in the development and monitoring of an assigned program budget.
• Develop and recommend policies and procedures related to assigned operations.
• Prepare and maintain complete and accurate financial records and reports.
• Use automated office and computerized financial information systems.
• Supervise, train and evaluate assigned staff.
• Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Experience and Training
Three years of increasingly responsible professional accounting and/or financial experience involving accounts payable, including one year providing technical and functional supervision over assigned personnel.
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university. Major course work in finance, accounting, public administration, business administration or a related field is desirable.
License or Certificate
Possession of a valid California driver’s license by date of appointment.
1. Your responses to questions 2-5, the applicant’s education, training and experience, will be scored using a pre-determined formula. Your responses to these questions must be consistent with your employment application information. This experience must also be described in the “Work Experience" section of this application. Responses to the supplemental questionnaire that are inconsistent from your “Work Experience” section in the application will not be scored. I understand and agree with the above instructions.
2. How many years of experience do you have in professional accounting and/or financial experience involving accounts payable?
Less than 3 years
3. Please describe you supervisory experience.
4. Please describe your experience with interpreting and administering company policies and procedures.
5. Please describe your experience with federal and state quarterly and annual reporting requirements.
All candidates meeting the minimum qualifications will have their experience scored in the Formula Rate Examination. The applicant’s experience will be evaluated using a pre-determined formula. Scores from this evaluation will determine applicant ranking and placement on the Employment List. Final promotional appointment is contingent upon having successfully passed a City-paid pre-employment medical exam specific for the position for which applied.
THE CITY OF ROSEVILLE IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER. IF YOU REQUIRE AN ACCOMMODATION DUE TO A DISABILITY, PLEASE CONTACT THE HUMAN RESOURCES DEPARTMENT AT LEAST 5 WORKING DAYS BEFORE A SCHEDULED INTERVIEW/EXAMINATION PROCESS. MEDICAL DISABILITY VERIFICATION MAY BE REQUIRED PRIOR TO ACCOMMODATION.
Promotional/Lateral (City Employees Only), Salary
Click Here to Apply
Bids & RFPs
Boards & Commissions
Parks & Recreation
Parks, Rec. & Library
Park & Facility Rentals
Solid Waste (Garbage)
Utility Exploration Center
Traffic Volume Information
311 Vernon St. Roseville, CA 95678
Copyright © 1997-2016 by City of Roseville. All rights reserved.