Send a link
Return to Previous Page
SCADA System Technician
SCADA SYSTEM TECHNICIAN
: $5862 to $8248 per month (26 pay periods annually)
FINAL FILING DATE:
Accepting the first 50 qualified applications or closing no later than 5:00 P.M., Tuesday, February 26, 2013, whichever occurs first.
TENTATIVE TEST DATE:
Oral Interview: April 2 & 3, 2013
IT IS MANDATORY THAT YOU COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE. YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE REJECTED IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE ALL NECESSARY INFORMATION.
The Human Resources Department is accepting applications for the position of SCADA System Technician to work in the Environmental Utilities Department. The normal work schedule will be Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. A flex schedule may be available.
To independently perform skilled technical duties in the analysis, design, programming, testing, installation and maintenance of data processing systems, Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA), Distributed Control System (DCS), computer equipment and peripherals; to operate computer equipment as required; and to develop database application and design and develop reports.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives general supervision from the Preventative Maintenance Supervisor.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES – Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Perform technical duties in support of water and wastewater treatment infrastructure systems including testing, implementing and maintaining computer applications and systems.
• Design, develop and verify reports from various department and City computer applications at the request of management.
• Create and maintain users, user permissions, system privileges, passwords and other administrative tasks, maintaining the integrity and security of assigned systems.
• Monitor logs and files for evidence of problems and system failures; expedite recovery plans as necessary.
• Create back-up and recovery plans and perform necessary backup activities at scheduled times.
• Prepare and submit project status reports for the Preventative Maintenance Supervisor.
• Train users in various system applications and respond to requests for service.
• Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other City employees and the public using principles of good customer service.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
• Principles of computer systems operations and procedure analysis and design.
• Records storage and handling techniques.
• Local Area Networks, Window operating systems and network terminology.
• Safe work practices.
• Pertinent local, State and Federal laws, ordinances and rules.
• Project management principles and practices.
• Computer operating methods.
• Independently perform technical duties involving the analysis, design, programming, testing, installation and maintenance of data processing systems, Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition (SCADA) and Distributed Control System (DCS), computer equipment and peripherals.
• On a continuous basis, know and understand operations, and observe safety rules; intermittently analyze problem equipment; identify and locate equipment; interpret work orders; remember equipment location; and explain jobs to others.
• Intermittently, sit while studying or preparing reports; reach, bend, squat, climb, kneel and twist when repairing or installing equipment; perform simple and power grasping, pushing, pulling, and fine manipulation; and lift or carry weight of 25 pounds or less.
• Perform complex troubleshooting, installation and repair work to board level.
• Analyze data and develop logical solutions to data processing application programming problems.
• Train or instruct on-line users in use of computer equipment and operating procedures.
• Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Experience and Training
• Three years of responsible experience providing technical support for water or wastewater control systems or similar computer systems.
• Equivalent to an Associate’s degree from an accredited college or university in computer science or a related field.
License and Certificate
• Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid California driver’s license.
It Is Mandatory That You Complete This Supplemental Application. Your application will be rejected if you do not provide all the necessary information.
1.) Describe your experience configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting industrial networks; provide specific examples.
2.) Describe your experience configuring and maintaining virtual machine systems, list all applications utilized.
3.) Describe your experience configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting SCADA systems; provide specific examples including platforms that you have experience with.
4.) Describe your experience programming, configuring, maintaining and troubleshooting PLC systems. List all types and software utilized.
Applications will be screened to the most qualified candidates. Those candidates will be invited to an oral interview exam weighted 100%. Scores earned from the oral exam will establish the Employment List. Candidates within the top five ranked scores will be certified to the department for final consideration. Final appointment is contingent upon a check of past employment references, passing a City-paid pre-employment medical exam, a drug and alcohol screening test, and a fingerprint check.
Regular / Benefitted, Salary
Click here to apply
Bids & RFPs
Boards & Commissions
Parks & Recreation
Parks, Rec. & Library
Park & Facility Rentals
Solid Waste (Garbage)
Utility Exploration Center
Real-Time Traveler Info
Traffic Volume Information
311 Vernon St. Roseville, CA 95678
Copyright © 1997-2015 by City of Roseville. All rights reserved.