Send a link
Return to Previous Page
Electric Regulatory Compliance Administrator
$10,013 to $13,419 MONTHLY (26 PAY PERIODS ANNUALLY)
FINAL FILING DATE:
first 50 qualified
applications or closing at 5:00 pm on Monday, March 11, 2013, WHICHEVER OCCURS FIRST.
TENTATIVE TEST DATE:
Oral Interview Exam: April 9, 2013
IT IS MANDATORY THAT YOU COMPLETE THE SUPPLEMENTAL QUESTIONNAIRE. YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE REJECTED IF YOU DO NOT PROVIDE ALL NECESSARY INFORMATION.
The Human Resources Department is accepting applications for the position of Electric Regulatory Compliance Administrator. The normal work schedule will be Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. A flex schedule may be available.
To plan, organize and direct the activities of the Electric Regulatory Compliance section within the Electric Department/Roseville Electric; to coordinate section activities with other divisions or departments; and to provide highly responsible technical support to the Electric Utility Director.
SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED
Receives general direction from the Electric Utility Director.
Exercises direct supervision over assigned professional, technical and clerical personnel.
EXAMPLES OF DUTIES
- Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Recommend and implement section goals and objectives; establish performance standards, controls, communications and methods to monitor and ensure department/company wide regulatory compliance; develop and implement policies and procedures.
• Plan, develop and oversee the work of staff involved in regulatory compliance; develop and document compliance related work processes and procedures in coordination with Electric divisions and staff.
• Evaluate operations and activities of assigned unit; implement improvements and modifications; identify potential compliance issues in a timely manner; develop solutions and implement work plans to prevent regulatory violations; prepare detailed reports on operations and activities.
• Manage and facilitate with others the self-report process, in the event of a regulatory violation; lead the development of effective mitigation plans including milestone commitments with designated responsible parties to prevent reoccurrence.
• Monitor industry best practices and development trends by benchmarking with other utilities to identify compliance practices, procedures and metrics in order to enhance the department’s compliance programs; recommend and implement best practices.
• Partner with department staff to develop compliance training programs; initiate and conduct relevant training when appropriate.
• Participate in budget preparation and administration; prepare cost estimates for budget recommendations; submit justifications for compliance activities; monitor and control expenditure.
• Participate in the selection of compliance staff; coordinate assigned staff training; conduct performance evaluations; recommend discipline; implement discipline procedures as directed.
• Establish and maintain effective partnerships and controls with subject matter experts in the City to ensure they are knowledgeable about requirements and accountable for compliance.
• Answer questions and provide information to the public; investigate complaints and recommend corrective action as necessary to resolve complaints.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
• Principles and practices of internal control principles.
• Electric industry compliance activities.
• Electric utility operations.
• Pertinent local, regional, State, Federal rules, regulations and laws including FERC (Federal Regulatory Commission), NERC (North American Electric Reliability Corporation),and CARB (California Air Resources Board) reliability standards, recommendations and requirements.
• Modern office procedures, methods and computer equipment.
• Principles and practices of research analysis and management.
• Budgeting procedures and techniques.
• Principles and practices of supervision, training and performance evaluation.
• Principles and practices of work safety.
• Organize, implement and direct regulatory compliance operations/activities.
• Anticipate issues and develop and implement innovation solutions.
• On a continuous basis, know and understand all aspects of the job; intermittently analyze work papers, reports and special projects; identify and interpret technical and numerical information; observe and problem solve operational and technical policy and procedures.
• On a continuous basis, sit at desk for long periods of time; intermittently twist to reach equipment surrounding desk; perform simple grasping and fine manipulation; use telephone, and write or use a keyboard to communicate through written means; and lift or carry weight of 10 pounds of less.
• Interpret and explain pertinent compliance operations and department policies and procedures.
• Assist in the development and monitoring of an assigned program budget.
• Develop and recommend policies and procedures related to assigned operations.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
• Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Supervise, train and evaluate assigned staff.
Experience and Training
• Five years of increasingly responsible experience in regulatory compliance, project management, process improvement or a related field, including two years of supervisory responsibility.
• Equivalent to a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in engineering, business, economics or a related field.
License or Certificate
• Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid California driver’s license.
1. Describe your experience with NERC, WECC or other energy industry regulatory audits - include a description of your role throughout the process.
2. Describe your experience coordinating the compliance activities of multiple organizational units. What approach did you use to achieve a successful outcome and what did you find most challenging?
3. Describe your experience with regard to directly and indirectly managing subject matter experts' work products as they relate to compliance requirements.
4. Please list any specialized training, certification and industry activities you have completed or participated in with regard to electric utility regulatory compliance.
Applications and responses to supplemental questionnaire will be screened to those most meeting the needs of the department. Those applicants may be invited to an oral interview exam (weighted 100%). Final appointment is contingent upon a check of past employment references, passing a City-paid pre-employment medical exam, a drug and alcohol screening test, and a fingerprint check.
Regular / Benefitted, Salary
Click Here to Apply
Bids & RFPs
Boards & Commissions
Parks & Recreation
Parks, Rec. & Library
Maidu Indian Museum
Park & Facility Rentals
Solid Waste (Garbage)
Utility Exploration Center
Real-Time Traveler Info
Traffic Volume Information
311 Vernon St. Roseville, CA 95678
Copyright © 1997-2013 by City of Roseville. All rights reserved.