Send a link
Return to Previous Page
Fitness Instructor - Water Fitness
$35.00 per hour
FINAL FILING DATE:
We are accepting the
first 50 qualified
applications or closing no later than 5:00 p.m. on Tuesday, May 21, 2013.
PERS Retired Annuitants are not eligible to apply.
The Human Resources Department is accepting applications for the temporary part-time position of Water Fitness Instructor to work in the Parks, Recreation, and Libraries Department. The normal work schedule will be between the hours of 5:30 a.m. and 8:00 p.m.
To perform a variety of duties related to teaching and instructing high intensity physical fitness classes.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES
– Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Supervise, coordinate and lead fitness exercise classes.
• Assist in planning, promoting, conducting and evaluating recreation programs and activities.
• Interact and stimulate interest while conducting, demonstrating and supervising program activities such as aerobic, non-aerobic and strength training activities or water fitness program activities for groups and/or individuals.
• Inspect assigned recreation facilities and/or equipment and recommend any necessary repair or maintenance work and supply needs.
• Set up facility as needed for assigned program activity.
• Complete records and reports as required.
• Promote and enforce safety procedures; render first aid and CPR, if certified, as required.
• Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other City employees, and the public using principles of good customer service.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
• Principles and practices of physical fitness, aerobic exercise and personal training.
• Practices and methods of public relations and customer service; techniques and principles of effective interpersonal communication.
• Methods and principles in instructing individuals or groups of children, teens, or adults.
• Principles and techniques of first aid and CPR respiration.
• Principles and practices of safety management.
• On a continuous basis, know and understand operations and observe safety rules; stand, bend, stoop, kneel as necessary to instruct a high intensity physical fitness class.
• Intermittently interpret policies and procedures, and explain operations and problem solve issues for the public and with staff; lift or carry weight of 45 pounds or less.
• Lead and motivate large group classes.
• Respond to emergency situations in a calm and effective manner; administer first aid and CPR, if certified.
• Understand and carry out written and oral directions.
• Communicate tactfully with customers.
• Communicate effectively and concisely, both orally and in writing.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Experience and Training
• Six months of experience as an instructor in group exercise.
• Equivalent to completion of the twelfth (12th) grade or seventeen (17) years of age.
License or Certificate
• Possession of, or ability to obtain, CPR and First Aid certificates.
• Possession of, or ability to obtain, Water Fitness/Exercise Certification from an accredited water fitness association such as ACE, AFAA or a degree in Exercise Science from an accredited program and university is required.
Applications will be screened by the Human Resources Department and then forwarded to the Parks, Recreation, and Libraries Department for final consideration. Those applicants meeting the qualifications may be contacted for an interview and they may be asked to “audition” their ability to teach a class or train a client. Final appointment is contingent upon passing a City-paid pre-employment physical, a drug and alcohol screening test, and a fingerprint check.
Temporary / Seasonal, Hourly
Click Here to Apply
Bids & RFPs
Boards & Commissions
Parks & Recreation
Parks, Rec. & Library
Maidu Indian Museum
Park & Facility Rentals
Solid Waste (Garbage)
Utility Exploration Center
Real-Time Traveler Info
Traffic Volume Information
311 Vernon St. Roseville, CA 95678
Copyright © 1997-2013 by City of Roseville. All rights reserved.