Send a link
Return to Previous Page
Promotional Recruitment No. 12.127
Date Opened: 10/1/2013
$9,158 to $12,272 monthly (26 pay periods annually)
FINAL FILING DATE:
QUALIFIED AND PERMANENT
City of Roseville employees may submit an application to Human Resources by 5:00 p.m. on Friday, October 11, 2013.
Temporary employees are not eligible
TENTATIVE TEST DATE:
Oral Interview: TBD
The Human Resources Department is accepting applications for the position of Planning Manager to work in the Planning Department. The normal work schedule will be Monday - Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm. A flex schedule may be available.
EXAMPLES OF ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Develop, plan and implement the Planning Division goals and objectives; recommend and administer policies and procedures.
• Coordinate division activities with other City divisions, departments and outside agencies and organizations; provide staff assistance to the City Manager, City Council, and Planning Commission;
• Direct, oversee and participate in the creation of the division’s work plan; assign work activities, projects and programs; monitor work flow; review and evaluate work products, methods and procedures.
• Prepare the Planning Division’s budget; assist in budget implementation; participate forecast of additional funds needed for staffing, equipment, materials and supplies; administer the approved budget.
• Recommend the appointment of personnel; provide or coordinate staff training; conduct performance evaluations; implement discipline procedures as required; maintain discipline and high standards necessary for the efficient and professional operation of the department.
• Represent the division and department to outside groups and organizations; participate in outside community and professional groups and committees; provide technical assistance as necessary.
• Research, prepare and present technical and administrative reports and studies; prepare written correspondence as necessary.
• Build and maintain positive working relationships with co-workers, other City employees and the public using principles of good customer service.
• Perform related duties as assigned.
o Principles and practices of planning and redevelopment administration especially as applied to urban growth and development.
o Principles and practices of leadership, motivation, team building and conflict resolution.
o Pertinent local, State and Federal laws, rules and regulations.
o Organizational and management practices as applied to the analysis and evaluation of programs, policies and operational needs.
o Principles and practices of organization, administration and personnel management.
o Principles and practices of budget preparation and administration.
o Principles of supervision, training and performance evaluation.
o Plan, direct and control the administration and operations of the Planning Division.
o On a continuous basis, analyze budget and technical reports; interpret and evaluate staff report and related documents; know and interpret laws, regulations, codes and procedures; observe performance and evaluate staff; problem solve department related issues; and explain and interpret policy.
o On a continuous basis, sit at desk and in meetings for long periods of time. Intermittently twist to reach equipment surrounding desk; perform simple grasping and fine manipulation; use telephone, and communicate through written means.
o Develop and implement department policies and procedures.
o Gain cooperation through discussion and persuasion.
o Successfully develop, control and administer departmental budget and expenditures.
o Analyze problems, identify alternative solutions, project consequences of proposed actions and implement recommendations in support of goals.
o Interpret and apply City and department policies, procedures, rules and regulations.
o Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
o Supervise, train and evaluate assigned personnel.
o Establish and maintain effective working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Experience and Training
• Five years of increasingly responsible experience in urban planning, including two years of supervisory responsibility.
• A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with major course work in urban planning, public administration or a related field.
License or Certificate
• Possession of, or ability to obtain, a valid California driver’s license.
Applications will be screened to the most qualified and may include a written, oral, or practical examination.
Promotional/Lateral (City Employees Only), Salary
Click here to apply
Boards & Commissions
Parks & Recreation
RFPs and Bids
Parks, Rec. & Library
Maidu Indian Museum
Park & Facility Rentals
Solid Waste (Garbage)
Utility Exploration Center
Real-Time Traveler Info
Traffic Volume Information
311 Vernon St. Roseville, CA 95678
Copyright © 1997-2013 by City of Roseville. All rights reserved.