Annual Poetry Contest
About the Competition
Open to all youth, grades 1-12.Entry forms will be accepted April 1 - 30, 2017 at any Roseville Public Library or by using the online entry form.
Each winning poem is printed in a booklet to be distributed at the libraries. Join us for the Awards Ceremony at the Riley Library on May 17, 2017 at from 5 - 6 p.m. (Sponsored by the Friends of the Roseville Public Library).
Rules: Please Follow Carefully
- Poems must be the writer's own work and may not be submitted without the poet's knowledge and consent.
- All poets must be in grades 1-12 who live or go to school in the greater Sacramento area (Placer or surrounding counties).
- All entries must be received by April 30, 2017. No entries will be returned.
- Entry must not exceed 18 lines. It can be free or rhyming verse.
- Only one entry per poet.
- Electronic submissions are preferred. Please use the form below.
- Poems not submitted electronically must be typed or written in blue or black ink on the entry form. Please do not staple or tape poem to entry form.
- Decisions of the judging committees are final.
- The poetry competition is not responsible for late, lost, damaged, incomplete, or misdirected entries. Entries are not returned after the contest, so please make a copy for your records. All entries become property of the City of Roseville.
Any information about age, gender, school and or teacher is removed before submissions are given to judges.