School Bus Safety
Back-to-School bus rules
According to the National Safety Council (NSC) 22 million students nationwide begin and end their school day on the bus.
Although drivers are required to stop when a school bus is flashing red lights, children should not assume that all vehicles to stop. The NSC and the Roseville Police Department encourage parents to teach their children these bus rules.
· When waiting for the bus, children should stay away from traffic and avoid roughhousing or other behavior that can lead to carelessness. They should not stray onto streets, alleys or private property.
· Children should line up away from the street or road as the school bus approaches.
· When getting on the bus students should wait until the bus has stopped and the door opens before stepping onto the bus.
· Once on the bus passengers should never put head, arms, or hands out of the window.
· When exiting the bus children should wait for the bus to stop completely before getting up from their seat