| || |
Governor’s Environmental Goals and Policy Report Workshops
Last Updated: 3/4/2014
The Governor's Office of Planning and Research has announced public workshops to discuss the Governor’s Environmental Goals and Policy Report (EGPR).
The Governor’s Office of Planning and Research is required to prepare the Environmental Goals and Policy Report (EGPR) every four years. The EGPR should take a 20-30 year look into the future, summarize the state’s environmental goals, and identify the programs and policies in place to meet them.
The current discussion draft of the EGPR looks at the state’s future with a population of 50 million people, a milestone the state is expected to hit by the middle of the century. The state’s future is considered in the context of a changing climate. The report lays out a vision of the state’s future and identifies five cross-cutting goals that are critical for achieving that vision:
· Decarbonizing the state’s energy and transportation systems
· Conserving and stewarding the state’s natural resources
· Building climate resilience into all policies and investments
· Supporting sustainable regions and communities
· Improving cross-agency coordination and data availability
For more information on the report: http://opr.ca.gov/s_egpr.php and http://www.opr.ca.gov/