| || |
Sprinkler spruce up
Last Updated: 5/23/2017
Take time to get your sprinkler system ready for duty this summer by doing a sprinkler spruce-up.
Here are the steps to take:
- Turn on your sprinklers one zone at a time and look for broken, clogged or misdirected sprinklers.
- Place a yard flag or marker next to the damaged sprinkler so you can return later to replace it.
- Examine the points where the sprinkler heads connect to pipes or hoses.
- Look for soggy spots or large wet areas in your yard. These might be spots where have a break in your system.
- Upgrade your old sprinklers with high-efficiency rotary sprinklers. There is a rebate to cover some of these costs, up to $100!
- Add a WaterSense-labeled weather-based sprinkler timer to take the guesswork out of watering. We have a rebate for that!
Learn more sprinkler spruce-up tips at www.roseville.ca.us/savewater or BeWaterSmart.info.