| || |
Fall Front Yard Leaf Pickup Program begins November 3
Last Updated: 9/26/2014
Roseville’s popular Fall Front Yard Leaf Pickup Program begins November 3, 2014 and concludes mid-January 2015, weather permitting.
The program keeps fallen front yard leaves and debris from clogging stormwater drains and washing into our creeks and streams, disturbing the sensitive ecological balance and threatening plants and wildlife.
To participate in the program follow these simple steps:
Unbagged leaves option
- Visit the fall Leaf Pickup Map to see if you qualify for our “unbagged leaf” option. Generally, this program is for areas of Roseville that are heavily populated with trees.
- Pile loose leaves from the front yard only in the street in front of your house. Please keep the leaf pile away from parked cars and out of gutters so you do not impede the water flow. City crews work on a continuous rotation and should cycle through each area every few weeks during the duration of the program.
- Any piles containing green waste, branches, limbs, rocks, animal waste or metal will not be picked up. A notice will be placed on your door instructing you to remove the pile.
- Bagging is permissible in this area (see below for restrictions), but will be picked up during the normal rotation; please do not call the Community Bulletin Board.
Bagged leaves option
- If you do not qualify for the “unbagged leaf” option, please place front yard only leaves in a sealed bag. Each bag must weigh less than 40 pounds.
- Place the sealed bags in your driveway near the curb or in the street away from standing water and out of the gutter so you do not impede water flow.
- Call the Community Bulletin Board at (916) 774-5842 and specify the number of bags to be picked up. Unfortunately, crews cannot remove leaves from gated or private communities.
- City crews pick up leaf bags on Tuesdays and Fridays, starting at 6 a.m. They can only collect front yard leaves and will not take any bags that contain green waste, branches, limbs, rocks, animal waste or metal. If a bag contains any unacceptable materials, crews will place a notice on your door and leave the bag(s) in front of the residence for you to remove.
Call (916) 774-5790 for more information about the Leaf Pickup Program.
( View a map of the unbagged leaf pick-up area. )