Graphics Version

Homepage > City Gov > Police > Animal Control

Sorry, this page has moved!
Please click here to go to the new location.

Animal Control


Roseville's animal control officers work to keep the public safe, protect animals, and to help pet owners be responsible neighbors. The animal control officers provide the following services:

  • Assistance with nuisance animal problems.
  • Lost and found: If you have lost your pet, the sooner you call the better the chances of locating your animal. If you find a stray animal, you should also call us immediately to make a found animal report, so we can help return the pet to its owner.
  • Pick-up of dead animals.
  • Pick-up and veterinary service for injured pets, if the owner can't be located.
  • Bite reports: Any animal causing saliva to blood contact with a human being is subject to a 10 - 14 day quarantine period, unless the owner's animal has proof of rabies vaccination. Bites should be reported immediately.
  • Transportation of stray or abandoned animals. They are taken to the S.P.C.A Animal Shelter located at 150 Corporation Yard Rd. The SPCA can be reached at (916) 782-7722.
  • Enforcement of animal laws and ordinances such as:
    • Leash laws: Dogs must be on a leash anywhere except when on the property of the owner and under the owner's direct control and supervision.
    • Defecation Laws: Any individual having custody of any animal must remove its defecation upon public or private property not controlled by the individual.
    • Barking dogs: No person shall keep or maintain any animal which by sound , cry, or behavior, shall cause annoyance or discomfort to a person of reasonable sensitiveness.
    • Dog limitations: No more than three dogs over the age of four months can be kept at a premise without a kennel license.
    • Dogs in parks: Dogs are not allowed in any City park or golf course except Marco Park, Bear Dog Park, Bill Hughes Dog Parks, and greenbelt walkways, and they must be wearing a current license to be there.
    • Dog licenses: All dogs over four months are required to have a City of Roseville license. The City of Roseville has partnered with PetData, the nation’s only full-service animal registration provider. Two options are available for licensing your Roseville pet:

      Mail - To license by mail, simply download a dog license application to complete and mail along with a copy of your pet’s current rabies certificate, proof of alteration if applicable, and your check payable to City of Roseville Animal Licensing, C/O PetData, PO Box 141929, Irving, TX 75014.

      Online -To license online, go to and enter your zip code under License Now. Select ‘Online’ in the green box and follow the instructions. You can license multiple pets at the same time, and easily upload required documents. All major credit cards are accepted; a small convenience fee will apply per transaction.

      For more information on licensing in the City of Roseville please visit or call toll-free 1-877-816-6708.

    You may reach the Animal Control at (916) 774-5090.

The Placer SPCA offers low-cost rabies vaccine and microchipping clinics from 6 p.m. to 7 p.m. on the last Wednesday of the month. City of Roseville animal licenses may also be purchased at the clinics. For more information, visit their website and check their event calendar.

After hour animal control services are limited to matters dealing with injured or aggressive animals. An animal control officer will be dispatched to non-urgent calls during the next regularly scheduled work day.


Homepage | Residents | Business | Visiting | Departments | e-Services | Apply | Find | Report | Sign Up
City of Roseville 311 Vernon St., Roseville, CA 95678. Phone: 916-774-5200.
Powered by Civica Software