| || Sorry, this page has moved!|
Please click here to go to the new location.
Ride-Along / Sit-Along
Citizen Ride-Along Program
You are a Roseville resident or business person.
You are a college or university criminal justice student.
You are in the process of applying for a job at the Roseville Police Department.
You may ride-along with a Roseville patrol officer for part of a shift if you meet any of the following requirements:
You may mail or deliver a ride-along application to the Roseville Police Department at 1051 Junction Blvd., Roseville, CA 95678; or fax it to (916) 774-5019. It takes approximately one to two weeks to process an application and schedule a ride-along.
For more information about the ride-along program, email ride-along coordinator Shannon Hall at SHall@roseville.ca.us.
All applicants will be subject to a criminal background check for officer safety purposes.
Ride Along Online Application
Citizen Sit-Along Program
Thank you for taking an interest in siting in Communications at the Roseville Police Department. The purpose of our Sit-Along Program is to provide an opportunity for interested citizens to observe our communication division employees and gain a better understanding of the challenges, risks, and rewards of the dispatcher’s role in the community.
Any Roseville resident who is at least 15 years of age may apply for a Sit Along. Approved applicants may sit once every six months. All participants in the program must sign a liability waiver and agree to the terms stated in the Sit-Along Regulations. Individuals under the age of 18 years of age must have a parent or guardian sign the waiver. This waiver will remain on file for at least two (2) years for audit purposes.
After your criminal background check is complete and your application approved, you will be notified by phone of the date and time of your sit-along. Please allow at least two weeks between the date you submit the application and the date desired for your sit-along.
There are three shifts available to request for your sit-along. We will do our best to accommodate your request. The shifts are day shift 6:00 am- 4:00 pm, swing shift 4:00 pm- 2:00 am, and graveyard 8 pm- 6 am. Most sit-alongs last about 2 hours.
Our address is 1051 Junction Boulevard, Roseville, 95678. If you have any questions regarding our Sit-Along Program, please don‘t hesitate to contact the Roseville Police Communication Unit at 916 774 5000.
Sit-Along Application and Waiver
Sit-Along Protocol and Policy
1. No person shall be allowed to sit-along without having submitted a signed sit-along application and waiver form. Refusal to complete this form or false statements of any nature on same will disqualify that person from participation in the Sit-Along Program. The request to sit-along must be turned into the Roseville Police Department two (2) weeks prior to the desired date of participation.
2. Submitting a request does not guarantee sit-along approval.
3. Background checks will be conducted on all applicants. Person with extensive criminal backgrounds will most likely not be allowed to sit-along in Communications. There will be some discretion applied regarding the approval process.
4. The observer shall provide their own transportation to and from the Roseville Police Department.
5. Sit- Along participants will be allowed to sit along no more than once every six months.
6. Participants must have a valid photo ID or driver’s license with them when reporting for their scheduled sit-along.
7. Participants must obey the orders and instructions given by the dispatcher to whom they are assigned and shall conduct themselves in a professional and courteous manner.
8. Participants must not leave Communications unless instructed to do so by the dispatcher they are assigned. Your safety is very important to us and it is unknown what could be occurring at any other portion of the building.
9. Participants shall not take any recordings, photo’s or similar without prior approval from the City of Roseville Chief of Police. Those pictures or recordings that are allowed by the Chief of Police or his agent may not be shared or disclosed with anyone without prior written approval from the City of Roseville Chief of Police.
10. Participants are not allowed to handle or use any of the dispatcher’s equipment.
11. All participants must agree not to discuss names of persons involved in police cases or incidents. The observer will be considered a confidant of the Police Department and it is essential that all matters pertaining to evidence or statements gathered in investigation be held confidential.
12. Participants must be presentable attired in clean, neat and suitable clothing and footwear. Business casual attire is recommended. Wearing worn jeans, t shirts, or flip flops will result in the sit-along being cancelled.
13. By signing the attached waiver form, the sit-along participant agrees to the rules and regulations listed above.