Are you looking for a career in Law Enforcement? Join the Roseville Police Department Explorer Post #108!
ROSEVILLE POLICE POST #108
The Roseville Police Department Explorer Program is a unique and challenging opportunity that allows young men and women (ages 16-20) to be an integral part of the Department’s operations and experience what a career in law enforcement would be like. Explorers are trained in many aspects of law enforcement and they work with officers in the field as they patrol the streets of Roseville.
The Mission of the Roseville Police Department is to develop young men and women into responsible and productive citizens through discipline and a commitment to serve their community.
- To teach leadership, integrity, commitment, and responsibility to young men and women.
- To build good character and citizenship.
- To assist the Roseville Police Department in providing services in the community especially in times of emergency.
- To instill an understanding and appreciation for the justice system and law enforcement field.
- Must be between 16-20 years of age
- Have an interest in Law Enforcement
- Must have a least a 2.5 GPA
- No drug or alcohol use
- Free of serious criminal record
- Pass a background check
YOU MUST BE WILLING TO:
- Read and write police reports
- Participate in Explorer Activities
- Learn criminal law and police procedures
- Attend a minimum of 10 hours a month for meetings and activities
Competitions allow explorers the opportunity to test their knowledge and abilities. They represent the Roseville Police Department as they compete against other explorer posts in various scenarios. In the scenario the explorer takes the role of the investigating officer and responds to their given situation. Explorers will train for months ahead of time to expand their skills and adequately prepare. Competitions take a considerable amount of time, effort, training and dedication. Previous competition events have included: traffic stops, foot pursuits, DUI investigation, search warrant service, domestic violent investigation, building searches, shooting skills and many others!
ASSORTED ACTIVITIES :
- Ride Along with officers in the field
- DUI checkpoints
- Assist with clerical duties
- Explorer Competitions
- Physical fitness training
- Medical training
- Community service
- Organize fundraisers
- Explorer meetings
- Traffic control
- And many more!
Exploring is a great to see what police work is really about. It opens many doors and presents opportunities for the leaders of tomorrow. Several Roseville Police Explorers have used their experiences to help attain college degrees and law enforcement careers.
ROSEVILLE EXPLORER ADVISORS :
Police Officer Daniel Stokes #1026
Police Officer Greg Lieberman #1025
If you are interested in a career in law enforcement, the Explorer Post may be the right choice for you. For more information, download an application [PDF] or email our Explorer Advisors.