| || |
The Building Inspection Division's goal is to provide minimum standards to safeguard life or limb, health, property and public welfare by regulating and controlling the design, construction, quality of materials, use and occupancy, location, and maintenance of all buildings and structures, including certain equipment specifically regulated herein, within this jurisdiction.
Roseville's Building Department is the first California municipality to become nationally accredited by the International Accreditation Service (IAS). According to the IAS, Building Department Accreditation (BDA) signifies that "the City of Roseville's Building Department operates under the highest professional and technical standards".
The Permit Center and all other City Offices will be closed on Thursday, November 28th and Friday, November 29th for the Thanksgiving Holiday. Accela Automation will remain active and available during those times. City Offices will also be closed from December 25th through January 1st, with some exceptions (restrictions apply) for Building Inspection services as explained here. Also, all submittals for new applications, extensions, modifications and/or re-submittals must be accepted at the Permit Center counter before noon on Tuesday, December 24th in order to be considered accepted for calendar year 2013. For further details, click here!
Accela Automation, the new system replacing Permits Plus, Project Tracking System and Velocity Hall, is live effective July 1, 2013.
Permits Plus, Project Tracking System (PTS), and IVR are no longer available. For more information, click here.
Special Notes. Effective July 01, 2011, all single family dwelling units require smoke & carbon monoxide detectors throughout the residence, to be inspected and verified at final inspection. For required locations of detectors, click here. For further information regarding the stipulations of the enacted legislation, click here.
Effective January 01, 2011, the City of Roseville has adopted the 2010 California Green Building Code. For further information regarding Green Code requirements, click here.
Building Inspection Services
- Issues permits for both commercial and residential construction.
- Performs plan checks and inspections.
- Helps the public, owners and contractors with construction concerns.
- Investigates non-conforming and substandard housing.
- Performs code enforcement on public nuisance conditions and building or zoning concerns.
- **Expedited Plan Checks** - we continue to offer expedited Tenant Improvement Plan Check Review. Applicants who have plans submitted to the Building Division for plan check may request an expedited review. But hurry, this offer is based on availability and is first come, first served. To find out how, click here.
- Plan check on new residential plans for first review take approximately 3 weeks.
- Plan check for remodels, additions, pools and patio covers for first review normally take up to 3 weeks.
- Permits can usually be issued over the counter for re-roofs, new heating and air conditioning units, replacement of water lines, gas lines, water heater replacements and electrical work including electrical service upgrades. See the Building Inspection page for additional information.
Know your responsibilities and rights as an Owner-Builder. The California Contractors State License Board, in cooperation with the Department of Consumer Affairs, has a wealth of information and printable hand-outs to help you select an appropriate contractor for your project. Click here for more information or to check the licensed status of your contractor.
Play it SAFE! Call Before You DIG!
Underground service lines, such as water, gas, electric, and sewer exist throughout your neighborhood. If your remodeling plan calls for you to break ground, don't make a mistake! Call the Underground Service Alert (USA) - (800) 227-2600 - at least 48 hours before digging to find out where service lines exist in your area. The telephone call and the service are simple, free, and may keep you out of danger!
Development Services -
311 Vernon Street
(916) 774-5394 Fax
(916) 774-5220 TDD
*Inspections cannot be scheduled via this e-mail address.
Building Inspection currently has 18 full-time equivalent employees.