Flood Zone Information for Roseville Properties

There are three types of floodplains in Roseville. Each floodplain has a set of regulations governing development within the area, as well as different maps showing the limits of each floodplain. A property may be in one or all three types of floodplains.

  • Flood Hazard Area, as defined by FEMA’s Flood Insurance Study
    The Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) delineates flood hazard areas for flood insurance purposes. These areas are shown on the Flood Insurance Rate Maps (FIRM) for the Roseville area.
  • Roseville’s Regulatory Floodplain
    Roseville’s Regulatory Floodplain covers more property than that shown on a FIRM. The City’s Regulatory Floodplain boundaries are defined in the Safety Element Section of the City’s General Plan and is used to regulate development in the floodplain. To get more information on these regulations go to “Constructing in the Floodplain”
  • Roseville’s “Zoned” Floodway and Floodway Fringe
    The Floodway and Floodway Fringe Zones are shown on the City of Roseville zoning map. Regulations for development are spelled out in the City’s Zoning Ordinance. For the most part, these zones are in the older parts of the city and fall completely within the City’s Regulatory Floodplain boundaries.

Back to Top

Get FEMA’s Flood Insurance Zone Information

To determine if your property is within FEMA’s Flood Hazard Area, visit the FEMA website. You do not need an account to get flood zone information—just type in your address on the left-side of the page. On the next page, click “View” to get the flood map of the area.
Get Regulatory Floodplain or Floodway/Floodway Zone Maps

You can obtain Regulatory Floodplain or Floodway /Floodway Fringe Zoning information by going to go to the Property Information Tool .Type in your address, and hit “Go”. Then click that you want to view the map.

To get Regulatory Floodplain information go to “Map Layers” and open the “Natural Resource Layer" area. Check the “Flood Zone” box and then “Refresh” the map.

For Floodway /Floodway Fringe Zoning information go to “Planning Layer” and Check the “Zoning” box and then “Refresh” the map.

Request Flood Zone Information

To request a Flood Determination on a property in Roseville, complete the upper portion of the Flood Determination Request Form and fax or mail your request to the address below. Staff will mail or fax the signed request back to your within three business days.

Request Elevation Certificates Information

The City does keep Elevation Certificates on file for some properties within Roseville.
To see if one is available for your property contact the City's Engineering Department at:

City of Roseville
Public Works – Engineering

311 Vernon Street
Roseville, CA 95678
Office (916) 746-1300    Fax (916) 746-1339

Back to Top

Public Works - Engineering
Floodplain Management
311 Vernon Street
(916) 746-1300
(916) 746-1339 Fax
(916) 774-5220 TDD