| || |
Provide precise information to guide the motoring and pedestrian public through our community.
Programs & Goals
- Maintain all traffic signs in the public right-of-way.
- Maintain all ends of sidewalk and end of road timber barricades that are in the public right-of-way.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Public right-of-way sign maintenance. Traffic sign devices consist of signs that regulate, warn and guide motorists and pedestrians in and around the public right-of-way.
- Public right-of-way signs include, but are not limited to: stop, parking, speed limit, pedestrian crossing, school zone and street name signs.
- Timber barricades and all traffic signs are maintained to current State and Federal Standards. Standards include strict guidelines to keep traffic signs in good repair as to placement, uniformity of devices and retro-reflectivity levels.
||If you are interested in requesting a traffic or public right-of-way sign be placed in your neighborhood, contact the Engineering Division of Public Works at (916) 746-1300. Or go to the Neighborhood Traffic Requests page for additional information.