| || |
Bike Commuting Resources
Bicycling is an effective and inexpensive way to improve your physical fitness while reducing air pollution and fuel consumption. You can save money by bicycling instead of driving—on gasoline and by reducing wear and tear on your vehicle. In some cases, automobile insurance costs may be lower due to reduced vehicle mileage.
Bike Commuting 101
- Bicycling is an attractive option for employees who live less than 10 miles from work.
- If your commute is longer than 10 miles, pedal to a transit or rail stop, then bring your bike on board for the rest of your trip.
- Bicycle route maps and safety brochures are available from the City of Roseville Alternative Transportation office by calling 774-5293, or e-mailing email@example.com.
- Most employers offer secure bicycle parking facilities: bicycle lockers or bicycles racks.
- Some employers have showers and lockers available for employees who bike to work.
- Bicycle to work as often as possible – even one or two days a week can make a difference.
Find a Bike Buddy
It can be safer and more fun to ride to work with a friend. Call 511 or apply for a bike buddy online at www.sacregion511.org.
| || |
36 Vernon Street, Suite 150
Roseville, CA 95678
(916) 746-1333 Fax
(916) 774-5220 TDD
View Roseville's Parks, Trails & Bikeways Map