Bicycling is an effective and inexpensive way to improve your physical fitness while reducing air pollution and fuel consumption. You can save money by bicycling instead of driving - you save money on gasoline and reduce wear and tear on your vehicle. In some cases, automobile insurance costs may be lower due to reduced vehicle mileage.
Why biking is a good idea:
- Bicycling is an attractive option for employees who live less than 10 miles from work.
- If your commute is longer than 10 miles, pedal to a transit or rail stop, then bring your bike on board for the rest of your trip.
- Bicycle route maps and safety brochures are available from the Alternative Transportation Division at 774-5293. Visit the Bikeways page for more information.
- Most employers offer secure bicycle parking facilities – bicycle lockers or bicycles racks.
- Some employers have showers and lockers available for employees who bike to work.
- Bicycle to work as often as possible – even one or two days a week can make a difference.
- Find a Bike Buddy. It's more fun and can be safer to ride to work with a friend. Call 511 or apply online at sacregioncommuterclub.org
| || |
Need a Roseville bike map? Contact:
401 Vernon Street,
Roseville, CA 95678
(916) 746-1333 Fax
(916) 774-5220 TDD
View Roseville's Parks, Trails & Bikeways Map