City seeks adult and youth commissioners for several city boards and commissions

Updated November 05, 2019

Opportunities are available for adults and high school students who wish to serve as commissioners on several City of Roseville boards and commissions.

Adult Commissioners:

The Roseville City Council is now accepting applications for the following adult commissioner positions:

  • Board of Appeals
  • Placer Mosquito & Vector Control District
  • Senior Commission
  • Transportation Commission

Applicants must be 18-years of age or older and reside within the City limits. Members receive no compensation for their time, although they may attend training workshops or seminars at the City’s expense.

Applications are due to the City Clerk’s Office, 311 Vernon Street, by 5 p.m., Friday, November 15. The appointments are tentatively scheduled to be made at a January 2020 City Council meeting. 

Youth Commissioners:

The City is currently recruiting high school students interested in serving as a youth representative on the:

  • City’s Library Board
  • Parks & Recreation Commission
  • Grants Advisory Commission
  • Transportation Commission

These positions provide insight to the mechanism of city government and how we meet the needs of our community. No special experience is necessary. Previous youth commissioners have listed this body of experience on their college applications. Youth commissioners must be enrolled in high school during their entire term.

The commissions meet once a month and serve as advisory bodies to the City Council.  The term of office runs from January 1, 2020 through December 31, 2020.

Applications are due to the City Clerk’s Office, 311 Vernon Street, by 5 p.m. on Friday, November 8. The youth commissioner appointments are scheduled to be made at a December Council meeting.

Applications and further information can be obtained from the City Clerk’s Office at 311 Vernon Street, at or calling 916-774-5267.

Featured Stories