To vote you must be a registered voter in Placer County.  Voter registration forms can be obtained at the Roseville City Clerk Department.

For additional information you may contact the Placer County Elections Office at 530-886-5650 or visit the Placer County Elections webpage.

Five Councilmembers are elected at large to serve no more than two (2) consecutive four (4) year terms of office. Two and three Councilmembers are elected alternately at the General Municipal Election in November of even-numbered years. The Councilmember elected with the highest number of votes in the election shall be seated as Vice Mayor.  Upon completion of a Councilmember’s term of office as Vice Mayor, the Vice Mayor shall be seated as Mayor.

Councilmember compensation is $600.00 per month and Mayor compensation is $650.00 per month. Councilmembers may be reimbursed for reasonable and necessary expenses incurred while performing representative duties of the City of Roseville.

City Council seats for Mayor Susan Rohan and Councilmember Tim Herman will expire in November of 2018.

To run for Roseville City Council, a candidate must be 18 years of age, a citizen of the United States, a registered voter, and a full-time resident of the City of Roseville.

Prospective candidates cannot file official nomination papers until July 2018 but may begin fundraising nine months prior to the date of election. Each candidate and controlled committee shall, before accepting any contributions, file with the Roseville City Clerk a Statement of Acceptance or Rejection of Limit on Campaign Expenditures,  as provided by the City Clerk.

The nomination period for the November 6, 2018 election will begin July 16, 2018 and end on August 10, 2018.  The Roseville City Clerk will issue and accept nomination documents only during this period of time, during regular business hours of Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.  There is a $25.00 filing fee for the issuance of nomination papers.

The Roseville City Clerk Department is responsible for carrying out the provisions outlined in Roseville’s Campaign Finance Ordinance. Full text of the ordinance is available on the City’s online Municipal Code.

Municipal Code Chapters 2.60, 2.80, and 2.90.

Prior to receiving any contributions or making any expenditures, a candidate must file with the Roseville City Clerk Fair Political Practices Commission Form 501 - Candidate Intention Statement.

If a candidate receives any contributions, or plans to expend $2,000 or more, a campaign bank account must be opened the Fair Political Practices Form 410 -  Statement of Organization Recipient Committee must be filed with the California Secretary of State with a check for $50.00 and a copy remitted to the Roseville City Clerk.

During the campaign period candidates are also required to file FPPC Forms 460 or 470.  A schedule of filing dates is provided to the candidates.  These forms are filed with the Roseville City Clerk.

View Campaign Forms
View financial disclosure documents provided by local candidates and committees.

Filer Access Portal 
This free service portal allows filers to submit campaign finance disclosure forms online.

Argument and Rebuttal Guidelines for City Measure